PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ford Stadium entry right before Liberty kickoff?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ford Stadium entry right before Liberty kickoff?

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:47 pm

The kickoff was at 6 p.m. last week, people can't make it in because they cannot quit drinking. The kickoff is at 7 p.m. this week, it won't matter, because people cannot quit drinking. You could move the game back until midnight, you will get the same result. There are a certain element that have season tickets to SMU football, and the game is a distant 2nd...it's just not very important to them.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:25 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote: people can't make it in because they cannot quit drinking.

Yeah SMUer dude with family, kids, and preggers wife....ya drunk quit drinking and get your arse to the stadium early ya bum! It's your fault many other schools can manage paying customers coming into the stadium at start time (wow such a shock!) and SMU cant handle this. Yep 100% of all those people in the huge line families, little kids, elderly, etc must have all been drunks! :roll:

SMUer wrote:Yes, I'm going to take my pregnant wife and three year old, both of whom have been sweating from the humidity on the Blvd for +2 hours and convince them to sit in the stands, in the 100F sun, in an empty stadium 25 minutes before they have to. Great game day plan.
Last edited by Insane_Pony_Posse on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:05 pm

You know what they say about a-s-s-uming...
SMUer

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:13 pm

I've been to both away games this year and at both venues 25 minutes before kick the lines were ridiculous. It's just a reality. They sell beer in the stadium so you can either sweat on the boulevard and complain or sweat in your seat and enjoy the atmosphere.
smusic 00

Postby Stallion » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:18 pm

SMUer wrote:You know what they say about a-s-s-uming...

You were there 2+ hours before game time and couldn't make it into the Stadium on time. Your priority is the Boulevard not making it into Ford before game time. This happens at every stadium in the Country since 9/11. It was much worse in Waco much farther away from game time. It will be worse this week
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMUer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Or we can have a prepared staff that can put no more than 9,000 people through the gates in under 15 minutes. I guarantee they can do this by the Houston game with the same number of fans. Every season the first few games are terrible, then they seem to figure it out. It's like starting over every year.
SMUer

Postby Stallion » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:21 pm

In Waco there is actually two separate check points you have to get through to enter the Stadium
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMUer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Stallion wrote:
SMUer wrote:You know what they say about a-s-s-uming...

You were there 2+ hours before game time and couldn't make it into the Stadium on time. Your priority is the Boulevard not making it into Ford before game time. This happens at every stadium in the Country since 9/11. It was much worse in Waco much farther away from game time. It will be worse this week

The gate crew was obviously inefficient but yes continue on attacking a long-time mustang fan because he had the audacity to walk up to the stadium 15 minutes before kickoff.

And when they get better each week, think of me. Same ol' same ol'.
SMUer

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Waco was over a 20 minute wait to get to the first checkpoint. It's not that bad at Ford, especially if you get there more than 15 minutes prekick. Chug your beer, tell Biff and Muffy you are leaving and will see them at DCC next week.
smusic 00

Postby SMUer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:36 pm

I'm sorry. I clearly didn't realize the company I was in. Go EVENTS staff! Ya did it! Go, team, go! You took 15 seconds to examine a clear bag?!? Alright! :roll: Geez, I just chimed in that it could be better and it will get better, and that getting there 25 minutes early may not work for all parties. For that I'm called a drunk, a bum, a stuck up jerk?; lovely group here.

Being drunk in the sun with a three year old would be awful, so I wasn't. And I was helping pack up our Blvd tent because all my group goes to the game.
SMUer

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:44 pm

My last comment wasn't directed at you, bad timing. But it's still not that bad compared to every other college stadium.
smusic 00

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:11 am

Stallion wrote: You were there 2+ hours before game time and couldn't make it into the Stadium on time. Your priority is the Boulevard not making it into Ford before game time.[/quote]

Since they sell alcohol in Ford Stadium, that should help some of the drunks. SMU might consider setting up Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon tents in the south endzone. They could put the tents beside the bounce houses. :lol:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:19 am

Its a good 15 minutes from the upper boulevard to the stadium, add in the 10-15 mins in the line. Gonna have to leave 45 minutes before kickoff to at least be in the seats a few mins before game starts.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU Grid Iron Madman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:17 am

SMUer wrote:I'm sorry. I clearly didn't realize the company I was in. Go EVENTS staff! Ya did it! Go, team, go! You took 15 seconds to examine a clear bag?!? Alright! :roll: Geez, I just chimed in that it could be better and it will get better, and that getting there 25 minutes early may not work for all parties. For that I'm called a drunk, a bum, a stuck up jerk?; lovely group here.

Being drunk in the sun with a three year old would be awful, so I wasn't. And I was helping pack up our Blvd tent because all my group goes to the game.

Please don't be discouraged. I readily acknowledge you as a loyal SMU supporter. We need 10,000 more like you. Only you determine when you arrive, leave for the Stadium, how long you stay and how you choose to participate (or not). I applaud you as an SMU fan and support whatever you decide is your family's schedule for Game Day.

As a veteran of arrows myself (in my case, mostly justified), please think of others' suggestions as "Texas Tough Love." SMU Game Day experience needs a lot of help. A nearly empty stadium 10 minutes before kick-off is frustrating to everybody, both those in line and those who walked in 1/2 hour before kick-off. It goes without saying an empty stadium is noticed by TV audience, visiting fans, recruits, players, coaches, etc. For SMU to compete at the highest level, many things must be in place. We don't make it easy on ourselves. I acknowledge stadium personnel should (and I'm sure will) move people into the stadium more efficiently. But I hope you will see where I think the frustration comes from. Everyone is just hoping we can make things better for SMU. I hope you will see it this way and keep the dysfunctional SMU Family moving forward.

Chief Mustang Family Therapist
SMU Grid Iron Madman
Recruit

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:54 am

There is nothing more depressing than making a point to get into the stadium early only to see it empty at kickoff for a big game.
Pony ^

PreviousNext

Return to Football