PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hicks

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Hicks

Postby RepublicanPNY » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:45 am

Fans counting the lack of ducks is all you need to say about this QB.

You can try to explain it away but he is not a D1QB
Sent from my iPhone.
RepublicanPNY
Varsity

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:46 am

RepublicanPNY wrote:Fans counting the lack of ducks is all you need to say about this QB.

You can try to explain it away but he is not a D1QB

Project qb
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby 78pony » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 am

8th grade QB based upon his reads, throws/accuracy. When does this insanity end?

Ke'mon for QB, RB, whatever!
78pony
Heisman

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:51 am

sbsmith wrote:
gostangs wrote:y'all seem to be unaware of how you look when you play good teams. TCU has lost one game - to a good arkansas in overtime. Our D looked great for 2 and one half qtrs. Our offense moved some, but as usual couldn't score. That will change in AAC season games.

We will win at least 5 games.

Who else will we beat this season and why?

Are you a human being?
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby sbsmith » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:52 am

vielsiehorsepower wrote:

Without qb improvement I don't see another win on the schedule.

Nor do I, we have a lot of good opposing QBs left on the schedule.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:57 am

if you move Ke'mon the QB you'll probably weaken both the running game AND the passing game by taking SMU's best playmakers Sutton and Proche out of equation. We aren't going bowling this year-don't think there was much chance of that with Davis at QB either. We got dominated in second half in both TCU and Baylor games. Now we are going to play some games where talent gap isn't as great
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:02 am

It sucks to have to suck it down and admit it but Stallion may be right. It will only get better when we can get the young kids on OL and Defense to get better. And yes I dont think Ben is that bad at all, he does have a bright future. Pony up.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby 78pony » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:05 am

Stallion wrote:if you move Ke'mon the QB you'll probably weaken both the running game AND the passing game by taking SMU's best playmakers Sutton and Proche out of equation. We aren't going bowling this year-don't think there was much chance of that with Davis at QB either. We got dominated in second half in both TCU and Baylor games. Now we are going to play some games where talent gap isn't as great

Maybe. I'll take the chance for a half cause Freeman has more game in him than...
Let's see if he can or can't. I'll take the risk.
78pony
Heisman

Postby 78pony » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:08 am

78pony wrote:
Stallion wrote:if you move Ke'mon the QB you'll probably weaken both the running game AND the passing game by taking SMU's best playmakers Sutton and Proche out of equation. We aren't going bowling this year-don't think there was much chance of that with Davis at QB either. We got dominated in second half in both TCU and Baylor games. Now we are going to play some games where talent gap isn't as great

Maybe. I'll take the chance for a half cause Freeman has more game in him than...
Let's see if he can or can't. I'll take the risk.

Play the best players...at whatever position you can get them on the field.

There is no doubt in my mind Ke'mon is our best recruit. Let's see how far he can go. I think we know the answer to the other QB question (at least so far).
78pony
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:10 am

Hard to tell how good he is anymore. His confidence is totally gone. He is berating himself on the sideline. I think they should let Simpson start a game and bring Hicks off the bench if nothing is going good. He may respond better than pressing like he is.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ponyinNC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:58 am

His Jay Cutler-esque body language doesn't help either.

Kid is just not inspiring and extremely inaccurate on the deep ball. Predicting 2 more wins this year. I'll probably be the only SMU fan at the ECU game by then.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:46 am

It's good that Hicks expects more from himself than he is delivering. I agree with the comments about his performance last night as "decent". Have to remember this is his 1st year playing at this level and I do think he sees the field better and is more patient in the pocket than Davis, so we can only hope he improves with experience. My main concern is that he throws an ugly ball and is not accurate, but I agree with Stallion that if her could just have hit even one of the two home run balls last night, it may have done wonders for his confidence. Let's just hope he clicks against lesser competition
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:52 am

His demeanor on the sideline is not good. The coaches are having to talk him up, pat him on the helmet, try to restore confidence. He is not mentally handling it well and needs to get a better air of confidence. A non-fluttering pass into an opponents hands would help too.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby mtrout » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:05 am

These comments about hicks demeanor concern me. Especially considering CMs system puts more focus on the mental game and positive outlook than any football coach I've ever seen.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:41 am

Well good thing is about a Friday game is that the team has an extra day to prepare and improve.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football