PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

gostangs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

gostangs

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:58 pm

You have an open forum. Please tell me what I'm wrong about. Tell me what I don't know about football.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: gostangs

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:00 am

I think you have some insightful comments on football and basketball. No problem here.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:11 am

I think you discard what I say just by looking at my nickname and you don't even know me.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:02 am

"Have less confidence in this team then ever" (your quote) reveals a lack of football knowledge. Almost anyone can see the improvement in talent, system and attitude. We lost our 1st string qb and best RB. That will effect offensive production in a team with no depth. D is much improved.

You disagree with a head coach call then fine, but save us the hyperbole.
gostangs

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:44 am

Maybe LA Mustang is saying that because we have lost out starting QB and our best RB. If we had not lost those players he may not be saying that. So maybe he is just talking about the current state of the team and not the potential with everyone healthy. Just saying.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Lebanese4Life » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:48 am

although losing X hurts, it's not the main problem right now. Natour and the other OLMs out completely hamstrings the run game. how many times did West, Ke'Mon, and Carmouche rush up the middle for little to no gain?

Our lack of QB hurts as well - part of that blame goes to Morris for not identifying a QB in 2 years. we have weapons at WR who are not being utilized due to Hicks's incompetence. Granted, he has a bad OL, but he's simply inaccurate.

I was on Malone's [deleted] last year, but his defense has improved immensely, despite the youth and lack of depth.

So far, I've seen great progress in defensive scheme, we just don't got the horses to keep up the intensity into the 2nd half - that will come with a few more recruiting classes.

We need to be patient. Half of our players are freshmen so it's unfair to say you have less confidence in the team. Give Morris some time.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:32 am

Morris is gritting his teeth and redshirting every OL he can. He knows the importance of a good OL.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby gostangs » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:34 am

He's also red shirting Thomas at RB which has to be painful also since we all saw how well he did in the spring.
gostangs

Postby mrydel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:52 am

Surprised we have not seen Padon (sp?) at RB. He had a good spring.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby JasonB » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:20 pm

mrydel wrote:Surprised we have not seen Padon (sp?) at RB. He had a good spring.

H was running 5th string in the Fall. Jones, West, Thomas, Carmouche, Freeman, then 28. Freeman passed Carmouche pretty quickly.

Carmouche's redshirt burning last week is the indicator that the 29 wheeler package is going to be a real thing for the rest of the season.
JasonB

Postby PonySnob » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:41 pm

JasonB wrote:
mrydel wrote:Surprised we have not seen Padon (sp?) at RB. He had a good spring.

H was running 5th string in the Fall. Jones, West, Thomas, Carmouche, Freeman, then 28. Freeman passed Carmouche pretty quickly.

Carmouche's redshirt burning last week is the indicator that the 29 wheeler package is going to be a real thing for the rest of the season.

While it was against a caliber of defensive athletes that doesn't really exist in the AAC, Carmouche average a very Prescott Line like 1.7 yards per carry. He did average 4 yards yards per carry against FCS Liberty the week before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Return to Football