PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Change QB to Ke'Mon Freeman Now!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Change QB to Ke'Mon Freeman Now!

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:10 am

It is time for a change at QB. Ke'Mon Freeman should be our QB. Why not? The kid was a QB in High School. I recognize that most kids who play any position in college played QB in High School since they were probably one of the best athletes on their High School Team. Yes Freeman has been playing RB so far at SMU... Why not try him at QB? I recognize that Freeman was put in to maybe run a few select plays in the Wildcat formation. Not sure if Ke'Mon Freeman can throw, but he has to be better than Ben Hicks.

Imagine Freeman at QB, Xavier Jones, Braeden West, or Jordan Carmouche in the backfield. Seems like an opposing defense would have a lot more to think about. At a bare minimum the defense would have to pay attention to the threat of Freeman running.

The spotlight is too big for Ben Hicks. I recognize that Hicks is a Redshirt Freshman, but let's stop with all the excuses for his poor performance. Hicks has all the hype and none of the production. How many interceptions has Hicks throws in 2+ games? How many missed throws has he made? This is embarrassing. Good news is that we do have a couple of QBs coming to SMU next year that could compete for the Starting QB Position, but let's be honest here, they won't be here soon enough. We need results now.

SMU needs a leader at QB. The offense does not look good with Hicks at the helm. Let's try something different!
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Re: Change QB to Ke'Mon Freeman Now!

Postby SMUer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 am

Or at least throw in a couple wildcat only series in the game just to make the defense have to adjust
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:27 am

I admit I would like to see how he would throw the ball in a game.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:36 am

I would like to think that having Freeman at QB would give our offense more options. The SMU Offense has been terrible this season, especially the past two games. The threat of Freeman running could open up our offense. How was Freeman as a throwing QB in High School? Can anyone tell me if Freeman can throw?
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:39 am

https://youtu.be/_k8bdYNUU0M

Shows mobility to manipulate the pocket and has a better spin than hicks. That alone should give the idea some validity, and that's before you consider that he is a freak that you don't know whether or not to break down so you dont get juked or brace for impact so you don't get trucked. Even if freeman has the same arm ability as hicks he might still be the better option because if his mobility.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby mtrout » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:41 am

Agree. Qbr in the 40s ain't cuttin it.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:45 am

Think of ke'mon as matt davis lite
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby jimhagle » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:46 am

Freeman has a gun but is not all that accurate. Hicks not being recruited in his own backyard of Waco by Baylor should tell us a lot about his talent. I know they had Stidham but still that is telling. That said I agree that maybe Freeman should get a look and might be a little like Davis. Has he had reps in practice at QB I don't know. Hopefully he has had some. He didn't have a stellar game last night himself as he seemed to always run into a tackle instead of around one. I do like his upside. Carmouche looked like he should move to LB. Not impressive last night. We really miss Jones. Darn UNT game cost us a lot-Jones and Davis.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:47 am

Thank you for sharing the youtube video. After watching the Highlight Video it definitely looks like Freeman can throw. Anyone need proof? Checkout the 60yd bomb that he throws to a receiver from his own endzone that turns into an almost 100yd TD pass.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby gostangs » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:48 am

If he could throw he would already be the QB. We need him running the ball.
gostangs

Postby mrydel » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:50 am

Why would we not use a QB who has been playing QB. If we are going to try someone different, use Conner Simpson. We are not going to win games running a wild mustang every play. Simpson was the best QB in the spring.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Stallion » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:56 am

...plus if you employ a wildcat you've effectively taken our 2 most effective remaining offensive threats out of the game-Sutton and Proche. SMU coaches don't have another viable option-if they thought he was a possible QB alternative I'm sure they will experiment
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Lebanese4Life » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:57 am

take those highlights with a grain of salt. they are his HIGHLIGHTS.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:58 am

Was Hicks recruited by JJ or was he a 100% Chad Morris recruit?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby gostangs » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 am

Chad
gostangs

Next

Return to Football