PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Big Al's frog gigging

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Big Al's frog gigging

Postby PonySnob » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:54 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
GreenbeltPony wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:...
EXIT STAGE LEFT
When TCU went up 20-3 with 7:20 left in the 3rd quarter, there was a mass exodus to get out. Disappointing that fans bailed on the team so easily

I wasn't really surprised by the exodus at that point. TCU scores a TD on the first play of the 3rd quarter, we march down the field and choose to kick a FG instead of just going for it, we miss said FG attempt, and then TCU scores again. That missed FG attempt was simply too conservative when we knew that TCU would put up a lot of points/our defense would be worn down.

Many fans believe we have begun the Bataan Death March to 2-10. I certainly hope not, but unless the proverbial light comes on for Ben Hicks... :(

Attendance at the next home game will not be good if the team is 2-4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangStealth » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:41 am

PonySnob wrote:
Attendance at the next home game will not be good if the team is 2-4.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Maybe next year we can get 3 FCS teams on the schedule and show some real improvement!
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am

Next home game is Houston. Crowd will probably be good and probably be mainly Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:13 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:couldn't fill the stadium against our biggest rival

The crowd in the latter part of the second half was embarrassing. I am rarely ashamed, but 4th quarter crowds at Ford are often truly embarrassing especially if you have friends with you that are experiencing an SMU game for the first time. What do you say to people that see a crowd that looks like a small time high school stadium crowd? How can the Blvd be smoking hot and then Ford be nearly EMPTY in the 4th quarter? The disconnect is astounding!
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

The crowd in the latter part of the second half was embarrassing. I am rarely ashamed, but 4th quarter crowds at Ford are often truly embarrassing especially if you have friends with you that are experiencing an SMU game for the first time. What do you say to people that see a crowd that looks like a small time high school stadium crowd? How can the Blvd be smoking hot and then Ford be nearly EMPTY in the 4th quarter? The disconnect is astounding!

After Hicks threw his second interception directly into the arms of the TCU player, I don't blame a lot of people for leaving. The crowd was fine until the game became unraveled.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:26 pm

I'm a stay to the end guy - but I don't blame people who aren't. The games are too long and if it is over its over.

By the way - this is a trend across the country - in almost every school regardless of talent level. Ive been to many other NCAA games in last couple of years and unless it is great opponent and going down to the wire people head out. NCAA may need to think about letting clocks roll differently or shortening half or other ideas down the road. Unless you are in Des Moines folks have other stuff they can do.
gostangs

Postby sbsmith » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:What do you say to people that see a crowd that looks like a small time high school stadium crowd? [/color]

Basketball school
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:39 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:What do you say to people that see a crowd that looks like a small time high school stadium crowd? [/color]

Basketball school

You tell them 2-10 record last year and that has a fan base that reflects 30 years of no conference champs and nothing significant done for that amount of time. No one alive post DP has taken the program seriously due to its ineptitude, why should the alumni born after post dp care now? Culture change.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Topper » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:06 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

My group NEVER leaves until the final whistle, but I was begging them for an early exit Saturday night. A conservative game plan will not allow a team with our talent to beat TCU. There were several 4 down situations that ended with incomplete passes on 3rd down. One old school buddy was frustrated that Chad obviously threw in the towel before the last possession. One way to look at it was it made sense not to get anyone hurt needlessly. The other view point is that we had a chance to practice a last minute drill against better competition than our guys ever see in practice.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football