PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU last in DMN AAC rankings

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU last in DMN AAC rankings

Postby JohnnyRock » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:46 am

This is the same season over and over again. The AD's in our conference understand the importance of wins and have done a good job of getting their teams to 4-0, 3-0 or 3-1. We continue to play Big 12 teams (even though they do not want us in their conference) and limp out of non-conference play with a 2-2 record but we are usually 1-3 or 0-4.
Why are we always using the excuse of "we are young". I have heard this for years as the excuse we are losing. I now hear injuries are the reason too. Always an excuse at SMU while our competition gets it done.
Why has ground not broken on an indoor practice facility? SMU has talked about it for 15 years without any action. Amazing plans appear for an indoor practice facility shortly before they meet with Big 12 officials. I am sure the indoor practice facility is contingent on acceptance to the Big 12 (although SMU will not publicly say it).
I do not see us winning another game all year and I doubt we will be favorites in any games going forward. Maybe Tulane but doubtful.
JohnnyRock
Recruit

Re: SMU last in DMN AAC rankings

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:55 am

JohnnyRock wrote:This is the same season over and over again. The AD's in our conference understand the importance of wins and have done a good job of getting their teams to 4-0, 3-0 or 3-1. We continue to play Big 12 teams (even though they do not want us in their conference) and limp out of non-conference play with a 2-2 record but we are usually 1-3 or 0-4.
Why are we always using the excuse of "we are young". I have heard this for years as the excuse we are losing. I now hear injuries are the reason too. Always an excuse at SMU while our competition gets it done.
Why has ground not broken on an indoor practice facility? SMU has talked about it for 15 years without any action. Amazing plans appear for an indoor practice facility shortly before they meet with Big 12 officials. I am sure the indoor practice facility is contingent on acceptance to the Big 12 (although SMU will not publicly say it).
I do not see us winning another game all year and I doubt we will be favorites in any games going forward. Maybe Tulane but doubtful.

Why don't you post a picture of the check you wrote to SMU athletics?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby mrydel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:57 am

And post something other than the same crap over and over.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:07 am

PerunasHoof wrote:
JohnnyRock wrote:This is the same season over and over again. The AD's in our conference understand the importance of wins and have done a good job of getting their teams to 4-0, 3-0 or 3-1. We continue to play Big 12 teams (even though they do not want us in their conference) and limp out of non-conference play with a 2-2 record but we are usually 1-3 or 0-4.

Why don't you post a picture of the check you wrote to SMU athletics?

If SMU needs a check from him just to get things done maybe SMU does not deserve to be in the Big 12 after all.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:16 am

Exactly...why would SMU want monetary support from its alumni? Complaining on a message board is much more helpful and THAT is what's going to get us into the Big 12.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby untitled » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:34 am

Re: scheduling too many B12 teams, perhaps you should take a look at our future OOC schedule before complaining: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/aac/smu-mustangs.php

I assume a steady diet of Texas State, UNT, and Arkansas State with the occasional FCS opponent is more to your liking.
untitled
Varsity

Postby JohnnyRock » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:47 am

I have contributed to the Mustang Club, helped the Mustang Club fund raise, and have had season tickets for a long time. I am not the problem. Yes, Texas State, UNT and Arkansas State along with TCU should be our non-conference schedule for the foreseeable future to allow the team to get wins and make it easier to get to a bowl game. I have no problem adding another tough non-conference game if and when the team gets closer to top 20 like status. I am tired of watching the same season repeat over and over.
JohnnyRock
Recruit

Postby ojaipony » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:51 am

JohnnyRock wrote:I have contributed to the Mustang Club, helped the Mustang Club fund raise, and have had season tickets for a long time. I am not the problem. Yes, Texas State, UNT and Arkansas State along with TCU should be our non-conference schedule for the foreseeable future to allow the team to get wins and make it easier to get to a bowl game. I have no problem adding another tough non-conference game if and when the team gets closer to top 20 like status. I am tired of watching the same season repeat over and over.

Good post. Agreed.
ojaipony

Postby mtrout » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:01 am

It's those damn oil prices. Maybe the Mizzen and Main guys can donate 20mil. I'm sure they're motivated after watching .250 ball since they were born.

On the other hand, everyone could just stfu. We'll be good next year, really...barring devastating injuries.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:08 am

PerunasHoof wrote:Exactly...why would SMU want monetary support from its alumni? Complaining on a message board is much more helpful and THAT is what's going to get us into the Big 12.

Sounds like he has contributed as have I. I guess you have as well since you are talking noise about it. But since he has paid his money I guess SMU should be ready to start building right?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:10 am

mtrout wrote:It's those damn oil prices. Maybe the Mizzen and Main guys can donate 20mil. I'm sure they're motivated after watching .250 ball since they were born.

On the other hand, everyone could just stfu. We'll be good next year, really...barring devastating injuries.

I like those low gas prices. I like that it does not take a fortune to fill up my vehicle with gas.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:15 am

Rebel10 wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:Exactly...why would SMU want monetary support from its alumni? Complaining on a message board is much more helpful and THAT is what's going to get us into the Big 12.

Sounds like he has contributed as have I. I guess you have as well since you are talking noise about it. But since he has paid his money I guess SMU should be ready to start building right?

Yep, sure have. It takes everyone to get it done. But if you'd like, we can see what gets it built first: Alumni giving, or alumni complaining.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby CBpony » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:38 am

So there's nothing to complain about? Hell the guy that bought 5 dollar nachos at Ford Stadium has a right to complain, this is a message board.
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:39 am

I love our Billionaires and Millionaires---they're going to buy us into the Big 12 :wink: ---but it seems they are a little tardy with the IPF check

Whah! This makes me sad! Why don't they spend their money to get this done for me :?:
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:50 am

CBpony wrote:So there's nothing to complain about? Hell the guy that bought 5 dollar nachos at Ford Stadium has a right to complain, this is a message board.

How about those beer lines Friday night!? Now THAT is something to complain about! :wink:
PerunasHoof
All-American

Next

Return to Football