PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Houston Attendance

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Houston Attendance

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:28 am

Well that might be one or two good sections but until we got like 21 points it felt like people were too proud to be loud.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:37 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:I'm sorry but the attendance was far worst than the TCU game. It felt like a neutral site for the first half.

23K for tonight. 28K for tcwho :?:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:04 am

Would have been nice to see more people there at the end.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:09 am

I thought we had many more than usual at the end. Houston had a pretty good showing on the east side and they all left early. West side remained pretty well attended to the end in my opinion.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:10 am

sbsmith wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:SMU fans will show up.

Not many of those, that's the problem.

I sense that you are here to troll and that's what you always do with every post. You always jab SMU, the Team, the fans and pretty much everyone and seem to have a big weiner in your mouth for the "power 5"....I know what you're up to and I sure hope that more wins like last night and more fans jumping in will shut you up.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:11 am

Sbs are you really a fan? You realize our school is small, right? When winning is consistent everyone will show up, just like basketball. Until then you just look silly carping about it.

Great student crowd. They looked like they were having fun !!
gostangs

Postby sbsmith » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:16 am

gostangs wrote:Sbs are you really a fan? You realize our school is small, right? When winning is consistent everyone will show up, just like basketball. Until then you just look silly carping about it.

Great student crowd. They looked like they were having fun !!

You look silly making excuses for it. Remember we had trouble getting people to show up even during the bowl streak.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:19 am

I hate to sound like JJ but if we can beat Tulane, I will be disappointed if we do not have a good showing for Memphis. I will not hold my breath however.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby gostangs » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:19 am

A bowl streak of four of the bottom bowls. People know the difference between a bowl that matters and one that doesn't. Dallas will bandwagon when it's a "thing". It just takes legit consistent winning. Until then enjoy and stop whining about it.
gostangs

Postby sbsmith » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:24 am

gostangs wrote:A bowl streak of four of the bottom bowls. People know the difference between a bowl that matters and one that doesn't. Dallas will bandwagon when it's a "thing". It just takes legit consistent winning. Until then enjoy and stop whining about it.

What constitutes legit consistent winning? Seems to be a moving goal post situation. You should know by now that this issue will be whined about on here until it gets fixed.

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby gostangs » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:30 am

Beating teams that matter on fairly regular basis. Haven't seen it since 1985. We have the most loyal fan base in the country when you consider how much terrible football most have watched. The ones that gave up plus Dallas sports fans will come running back when it's a good team, but they will have to be convinced. That is about to happen

Feel free to bellyache about it. You just look like a crazy old man by not understanding basic football and math. A 6500 student body doesn't produce enough grads to fill the stadium. We need Dallas on board.

Stay tuned.
gostangs

Postby sbsmith » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:31 am

mrydel wrote:I hate to sound like JJ but if we can beat Tulane, I will be disappointed if we do not have a good showing for Memphis. I will not hold my breath however.

Good showing as in 20K SMU fans seated?

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby sbsmith » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:38 am

gostangs wrote:
Feel free to bellyache about it. You just look like a crazy old man by not understanding basic football and math. A 6500 student body doesn't produce enough grads to fill the stadium. We need Dallas on board.

Stay tuned.

Hiding behind "basic football and math" doesn't change the horrible optics of thousands of empty seats in a small stadium. All anyone sees is a lousy fanbase.

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:39 am

mrydel wrote:I hate to sound like JJ but if we can beat Tulane, I will be disappointed if we do not have a good showing for Memphis. I will not hold my breath however.

Part of the rebuilding process is building a fan base and the past 30 years have shown that we have a very small band of loyalists. If we can beat Tulane next week and with Memphis game being Homecoming, good weather could attract some bandwagon fans and attendance for Memphis could be better than it was last night (announced 25k but looked like 20k butts in seats). Attendance remains a major hurdle for SMU and even if this team was able to win out, I'm not sure we would sell out for Navy. Baby steps...but at least last night was a step in the right direction
Charleston Pony

Postby gostangs » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:43 am

You don't seem to understand that if we drew every SMU grad in DALLAS we still wouldn't fill the stadium. We need Dallas to bandwagon and they won't do that until we win consistently.

It's not a lousy fan base, it's a beaten down fan base. Please try to follow along.

Meaningful wins changes everything, just like basketball. Just come along for the ride and be happy to be proven wrong.
gostangs

PreviousNext

Return to Football