PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ugliest Uniforms Ever

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ugliest Uniforms Ever

Postby ponyte » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:58 pm

BennyShillingsworth wrote:The reason you all think the uniforms are ugly are because the majority of the people on this website are old as [deleted] and have no concept of what is popular, I'm sorry. Stop [deleted] complaining about the uniforms and enjoy the fact that you just beat the top team in Texas with over 500 recruits at the game, who I'm sure all loved the uniforms. Morons.

Wnning is what is popular. Uniforms are gimmicks. If ugly uniforms are what gets the best players then look for some ugly arse uniforms at Alabama, Notre Dane, Pedophile State, Ohio State, USC, Texas and a few other traditional uniform programs.

Why can Bama get players without pink and black/gray uniforms? Cause they win.

500 recruits would be an extraordinary number of recruits even at the big programs so one questions that number. We may be morons but not that stupid or gullible. Still assume it was 500 recruits (even though we don't have facilities to accommodate that many) , if any changed their mind about SMU it's because of the win, not the uniforms.

After wining, the next impressive asset at a program is the women. We best hope the hostesses are impressive.

Uniforms will never be more popular than winning and poontang!
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:16 pm

I just watched the game again and I like the unis even more. Not sure how anyone can hate those.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Pony64 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:11 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:I just watched the game again and I like the unis even more. Not sure how anyone can hate those.

Well said. Unis were perfect for the night.
Pony64
Varsity

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Fwiw, hccm said more than 300 recruits were at the game. In his post Game.
smusic 00

Postby stangsup4 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:51 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:I just watched the game again and I like the unis even more. Not sure how anyone can hate those.

If the players and recruits like them, it shouldn't matter what we think. But they looked good regardless.
stangsup4
All-American

Postby well travelled pony » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:56 pm

My 14 year old son thought our uniforms were very cool.

Go Ponies!
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:09 pm

smusic 00 wrote:Fwiw, hccm said more than 300 recruits were at the game. In his post Game.

Quoting myself, tonight he said final count was over 400 recruits in attendance plus parents.
smusic 00

Postby PonyKris89 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:30 pm

ponyte wrote:
BennyShillingsworth wrote:The reason you all think the uniforms are ugly are because the majority of the people on this website are old as [deleted] and have no concept of what is popular, I'm sorry. Stop [deleted] complaining about the uniforms and enjoy the fact that you just beat the top team in Texas with over 500 recruits at the game, who I'm sure all loved the uniforms. Morons.

Wnning is what is popular. Uniforms are gimmicks. If ugly uniforms are what gets the best players then look for some ugly arse uniforms at Alabama, Notre Dane, Pedophile State, Ohio State, USC, Texas and a few other traditional uniform programs.

Why can Bama get players without pink and black/gray uniforms? Cause they win.

500 recruits would be an extraordinary number of recruits even at the big programs so one questions that number. We may be morons but not that stupid or gullible. Still assume it was 500 recruits (even though we don't have facilities to accommodate that many) , if any changed their mind about SMU it's because of the win, not the uniforms.

After wining, the next impressive asset at a program is the women. We best hope the hostesses are impressive.

Uniforms will never be more popular than winning and poontang!

I am nominating this for PonyFans Post of the Year!!

But yeah, I kinda liked the unis, if you're gonna go Pink Pony then this was a damn
good combo..
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:37 pm

ponyte FTW
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby peruna81 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:15 pm

ponyte wrote:Those have to be the ugliest uniforms ever.

We have great colors and great logo and found a way to make it beyond hideous

while I agree with the original opinion, they did look better at the end of the game with the scoreboard in the background....

Pink Pony Power!
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:16 am

As a 50 something white guy, I hate those uniforms.....but they looked pretty good, when the clock struck midnight on Bigmouth Tom Herman. 8)
ALEX LIFESON

Postby RepublicanPNY » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 am

This is how the players feel about the uniforms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SMU_Football ... 12/video/1

BTW, recruits don't see us on par with Bama, Ohio State, Texas, etc. I hope that changes but it's no longer a valid argument regarding uniforms.
Sent from my iPhone.
RepublicanPNY
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:41 am

I'm still not sure whether the uniform or attendance threads are the most popular, but as another "old guy" I will go ahead and weigh in on this subject. The way I see it, any new uniform that incorporates pink in the design to make a statement should be eye catching and those uniforms certainly were. It's what's trending in college football these days and it's good to see SMU keeping up with what is trending. As others have mentioned, we are NOT Alabama, Penn State, Texas, So Cal, etc... so there is no "traditional" uniform that the country recognizes as SMU. Dare to be different.

As Mrs C.P. (always the practical one) pointed out, rather than spending the money on those speciality uniforms, she wishes schools would just contribute those dollars to cancer research as you could still fund raise during the games.

If we want to talk about UGLY uniforms, just look at the NFL using throwback jerseys...or maybe the younger set thinks those are cool? Maybe SMU should bring back some of the throwback unis? Now that might really generate a long uniform thread! We had a few different looks in my time at SMU (1970-1973 seasons)
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Football