PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tom Herman's "Private School In Dallas" Remark

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tom Herman's "Private School In Dallas" Remark

Postby sbsmith » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:00 pm

mustangxc wrote:Agreed, but they are power 5 teams that we would have a good chance of beating.

We'll get more pub by beating power 5 teams that matter.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:31 pm

sbsmith wrote:
mustangxc wrote:We should add UTEP to the non-conference schedule. UTEP, UNT, TCU, Kansas/Iowa State/Vanderbilt/Kentucky would be winnable, respectable and good for attendance.

Kansas/Iowa State/Vanderbilt/Kentucky wouldn't be good for attendance unless you're talking about basketball.

Completely irrelevant because you are using the post dp era as the baseline. you cant use the past to compare what a winning program will bring. A winning program would fill or almost fill ford stadium for every game.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Re: Tom Herman's

Postby mustangfan4life » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
sbsmith wrote:
mustangxc wrote:We should add UTEP to the non-conference schedule. UTEP, UNT, TCU, Kansas/Iowa State/Vanderbilt/Kentucky would be winnable, respectable and good for attendance.

Kansas/Iowa State/Vanderbilt/Kentucky wouldn't be good for attendance unless you're talking about basketball.

Completely irrelevant because you are using the post dp era as the baseline. you cant use the past to compare what a winning program will bring. A winning program would fill or almost fill ford stadium for every game.

I completely agree with you. We start winning...fans will start coming.
mustangfan4life
Recruit

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:46 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:
Cougs were dropping all over the field. OUR GUYS were the ones playing with intensity last night.

Their guys didn't expect to be in a dogfight last night.

They didn't want to be there on Saturday and they played like they didnt care. After the loss to navy and the big 12 snub, the players mailed it in. Will be interesting to see if they can get things on track.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks for stopping by to enlighten us. Weak crap with an agenda reed because you know damn well you wouldn't post that about ANY tcu victory over a highly ranked team ever.
Hoop Fan

Postby No Quarter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:42 am

Several other comments have made but with all due respect I'd schedule UTEP before Liberty, etc., and maybe that was at least inferred in previous responses.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:09 am

ReedFrawg wrote:
They didn't want to be there on Saturday and they played like they didnt care. After the loss to navy and the big 12 snub, the players mailed it in. Will be interesting to see if they can get things on track.

They know their coach has one foot out the door so they'll mail in a couple more before the season is over.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:51 am

sbsmith wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:

They know their coach has one foot out the door so they'll mail in a couple more before the season is over.

I agree with these comments. Houston did not seem very motivated but it started before the Big XII snub. I think they started going downhill shortly after LSU fired Miles and Herman's name was all over the media as being their target for his replacement. Shortly after that, they lost the game to Navy. The only quote I remember seeing from Herman in that time frame was that he wanted to coach somewhere he would have a legitimate shot at playing for a national championship, which I read at the time as a snub to Houston (or hoping they got the Big XII invite?). For whatever reason, I don't think we got Houston's best shot but I don't care because bottom line is that our guys wanted it more than they did and clearly whipped them up and down the field last Saturday.
Charleston Pony

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:05 am

Ha. You guys try to find anything to be miserable. I'm sure that's what happened to Gonzaga and UConn when we beat them...their coaches mail it in before playing SMU. Yeah Ohio State mailed it in vs Penn State. So did Oklahoma twice.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:07 am

A&M mailed it in vs Alabama. Its over for them. Tennessee mailed it in. Oklahoma State mailed it in.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 am

Kansas players quit on their coach in the fourth quarter against TCU. 3 missed FG in a game they absolutely dominated against the Frogs. See how cute we can be too?
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 am

StallionsModelT wrote:Kansas players quit on their coach in the fourth quarter against TCU. 3 missed FG in a game they absolutely dominated against the Frogs. See how cute we can be too?

Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Texas and Kansas State mailed it in back in 2014 when they played the frogs. They could have won if they were motivated.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:31 am

Ole Miss mailed it in big time in the Peach bowl
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangxc » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 am

SMU tanked against an inferior Houston team that was without Case Keenum in 2010. I guess the team wasn't motivated that day.
mustangxc

Postby lollaperuna » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:36 am

I agree that UTEP should be on our schedule. They have a lot of fans in the metroplex.
lollaperuna
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football