PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tom Herman's "Private School In Dallas" Remark

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tom Herman's "Private School In Dallas" Remark

Postby jpe747 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:06 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
I am just saying if you look at their boards they have cooled off on him. Louisville game will be very important for him regarding LSU and UT imo.

Fans are fickle, they win a few games and everyone will love him again. He's still on track to be somewhere else next year barring an epic collapse (like losing out).

I was not impressed with Houston last night and it sounds like I was not alone. By losing to that private school in Dallas (along all of their other bad news) it might be that they have an "epic collapse."
jpe747
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:14 pm

jpe747 wrote:
I was not impressed with Houston last night and it sounds like I was not alone. By losing to that private school in Dallas (along all of their other bad news) it might be that they have an "epic collapse."

It's pretty amazing how quickly things went south for them. Just a month ago they were headed to the playoff, about to get a Big 12 invite and Tom Herman was going to be their coach forever.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:46 pm

sbsmith wrote:
jpe747 wrote:

It's pretty amazing how quickly things went south for them. Just a month ago they were headed to the playoff, about to get a Big 12 invite and Tom Herman was going to be their coach forever.

Talking about the mother of implosions. Now all they need is a scandal...
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyKris89 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:50 pm

I didn't have a problem with his comments and I still don't, he was pretty much on the mark as far as making his points..
He just needed to follow it up with a win.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Someone's gonna have a really bad week.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby jpe747 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:53 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:I didn't have a problem with his comments and I still don't, he was pretty much on the mark as far as making his points..
He just needed to follow it up with a win.

I've always been one who believes if you make a statement like that don't let it get out before the game. Do not give the other team more reasons to win.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:14 am

Herman is a good coach and has a good staff at Houston and that is evidenced by the fact that a loss to SMU is "devastating" to their program. They are still only a 2 loss team and with games ahead against Memphis and Louisville, they could still have one of the better seasons in their school's history. He's currently a victim of the outrageous expectations they had coming into this season. Running the table with OU and Louisville on your schedule, as well as beating everyone in your conference who is familiar with your tendencies is asking a lot. Bottom line is that he was rewarded for what he accomplished last year and if he doesn't get his "dream P5 job" after this season, it's not the end of the world for him, or certainly shouldn't be.

Meanwhile, LSU might be warming to Ed Orgeron the way that team is responding to him and who knows what Texas might be thinking? Let's just hope they don't come after Chad Morris before all is said and done. While I'd love our guys to miraculously run the table this year, you know that would probably result in Chad becoming this year's Tom Herman
Charleston Pony

Postby smupony94 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:23 am

smupony94

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:55 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Herman is a good coach and has a good staff at Houston and that is evidenced by the fact that a loss to SMU is "devastating" to their program. They are still only a 2 loss team and with games ahead against Memphis and Louisville, they could still have one of the better seasons in their school's history. He's currently a victim of the outrageous expectations they had coming into this season. Running the table with OU and Louisville on your schedule, as well as beating everyone in your conference who is familiar with your tendencies is asking a lot. Bottom line is that he was rewarded for what he accomplished last year and if he doesn't get his "dream P5 job" after this season, it's not the end of the world for him, or certainly shouldn't be.

Meanwhile, LSU might be warming to Ed Orgeron the way that team is responding to him and who knows what Texas might be thinking? Let's just hope they don't come after Chad Morris before all is said and done. While I'd love our guys to miraculously run the table this year, you know that would probably result in Chad becoming this year's Tom Herman

Texas fans are the most irrational fans out there....they loved Charlie at the beginning of the year when he beat Notre Dame and now their #1 guy loses to SMU and he's no longer wanted? Maybe this is a sign that Herman shouldn't just jump at that dumpster fire in Austin.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:00 am

CoxMustangFan wrote:
sbsmith wrote:
jpe747 wrote:

Talking about the mother of implosions. Now all they need is a scandal...

Well, Briles DID coach there...
CalallenStang

Postby Nacho » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 am

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fbs

sorry to knock u out of the top 25 uofh. haha
Nacho

Postby sbsmith » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:07 am

Nacho wrote:http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fbs

sorry to knock u out of the top 25 uofh. haha

They're at #24 in the Coaches Poll (down 13 spots :lol: ).
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:43 am

Definitely nice watching that guy eat some crow!

Listen to the background noise of SMU players whooping it up thru the walls next door!

Ha Ha....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3pusGAMhCA
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:11 am

@Joseph_Duarte 1m1 minute ago
Tom Herman: ‘We are everybody’s Oklahoma and Florida State. Well, we were. I’m not sure if we are anymore.'
smupony94

Postby PonyKai » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:13 am

Shut up, Tom.
PonyKai

PreviousNext

Return to Football