PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Remaining schedule

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Remaining schedule

Postby JasonB » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:01 pm

@Tulane - very good defense and running game. Force fumbles. Can't throw the ball. This will be a close game, and whomever turns the ball over loses. Need to stop the running game and get them in passing situations so they turn it over.

Memphis - Good defense, especially on 3rd down. Cause fumbles. Good passing team, but they don't run the ball and they allow a lot of sacks. The game will come down to whether or not we can create negative plays defensively from the DL. If we do, I like our chances.

@ECU - Great passing offense, but they can't run, fumble the ball, and allow a ton of sacks and tackles for loss. They don't create turnovers and have a horrible defense. If our DL plays well, I think this is a great matchup for us.

USF - Run the ball great and a great passing efficiency. They score a ton of points. Don't give up negative plays on offense. The defense is horrible. This will be a difficult matchup for us, because we are going to have to score a lot of points and the DL won't be as effective.

Navy - Run the ball and don't make any mistakes. Very efficient. They can give up yards in the air, but this is a really hard matchup for us.

I think we have to sweep the next 3 to make a bowl, and they are very winnable, because those last two games are really going to be tough.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Remaining schedule

Postby Stallion » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Memphis may not run the ball a lot but they are damn successful when they do-4 top rushers each average more than 6.5 yards per run

Dorceus

Patrick Taylor Jr.

Darrell Henderson

Tony Pollard
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby JasonB » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:13 pm

I think their negative plays hurt the rushing average. Our DL is going to have to take advantage of the matchup for us to slow them down.
JasonB

Postby Chnash318 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:45 am

Losing in OT against Tulsa hurts a lot more now that it would have made us making a bowl game very achievable.
Chnash318
Junior Varsity

Postby Digetydog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:47 am

Chnash318 wrote:Losing in OT against Tulsa hurts a lot more now that it would have made us making a bowl game very achievable.

Truth. I firmly believe that we would have won the game if we had 1 more healthy OL in the 4th Quarter.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 am

Digetydog wrote:
Chnash318 wrote:Losing in OT against Tulsa hurts a lot more now that it would have made us making a bowl game very achievable.

Truth. I firmly believe that we would have won the game if we had 1 more healthy OL in the 4th Quarter.

Yeah, good point. Maybe having Natour and Hyder (he plays well at that guard spot when he's healthy), perhaps. But, yeah, that loss really hurts our chances. I say we win 1 more and lose another 1-2 heart breakers (very competitive the rest of the way except maybe Navy).

So, as I predicted at the start of the season: 4 wins (lose some heartbreakers, it's a bit of a bummer season but saw enough to get VERY excited for next year). I'm still staying true to that mantra. (although I had us beating Tulsa and losing to UH). :-)

- Ojaidamus
ojaipony

Postby Top Twenty » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 am

USF QB went down at the end of the Temple game (hammy?). The backup looked overwhelmed. That's why they're currently off-the-board.
Top Twenty
Junior Varsity

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:46 pm

I predicted at the time that he will recover for our game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Return to Football