PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

QB Next Year

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: QB Next Year

Postby mavsrage311 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:14 pm

jimhagle wrote:
mavsrage311 wrote:
SmooBoy wrote:Matt D will be on the field somewhere to contribute.

I believe HCCM when he says Sutton is not ready for the NFL (and yes, that could be coachspeak). One additional year of maturity and stats will get his stock way up.

The 2017 class is weak at WR overall and he would already be one of the top 3-5 receivers available. From what I'm hearing, he's coming out. Hope everyone supports him if he does.

The WR class for 2017 is only weak because we don't need to burn any scholarships on that position. We have a ton on the team already and they are still young. Plus we have a couple stud freshmen redshirtring this year too.

You completely misunderstood my post. I am referring to the 2017 NFL Draft Class at WR. If it's a weak class and he'd be one of the better players if he'd declare - that is something he'll consider when deciding to stay or go pro.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 pm

I thought the NFL had independent scouts who advise players such as Sutton as to where they would most likely be drafted if they declared early.

If he was given a 1st or 2nd round grade, GO.
3rd round grade, tough call, lean towards GO.
4th or lower, STAY.

If he does go, it would be pretty funny if Hicks ended up QB with Matt and DJ as his receivers.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby deucetz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:32 pm

He should go if he is a first or second round grade as per analysts. If not, he should stay to develop skills.

Unless he has grades or some secret ailment, he could feast on the AAC next year with our improved team and further improve his stock. He will have TCU and Michigan to make name for himself. Hopefully he will graduate and can take the spring semester to prepare for the combine.
deucetz
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:42 pm

deucetz wrote:He should go if he is a first or second round grade as per analysts. If not, he should stay to develop skills.

Unless he has grades or some secret ailment, he could feast on the AAC next year with our improved team and further improve his stock. He will have TCU and Michigan to make name for himself. Hopefully he will graduate and can take the spring semester to prepare for the combine.

Isn't Michigan 2018?
smupony94

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Well then he should stay for that too.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby deucetz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:05 pm

smupony94 wrote:
deucetz wrote:He should go if he is a first or second round grade as per analysts. If not, he should stay to develop skills.

Isn't Michigan 2018?

Lol, you are definitely right. I got ahead of myself. I definitely do not hope to see him for Michigan.
deucetz
All-American

Previous

Return to Football