PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Humperdinks/Chad UpTempo radio show

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Humperdinks/Chad UpTempo radio show

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Great crowd. Maybe 100+ SMU fans. Lots of AD development staff hanging out. Perfect venue for this event. Thanks to Humperdinks for sponsoring. Their staff does well and the beers are tasty.

Plus as RGV noted, the Minn and Iowa golf teams got an earful of #TempoTalk.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:25 pm

And a big F U to Henderson Tap House who originally signed up as host then backed out when LB quit. Guess they didn't think SMU was bigtime enough after that. Blessing in disguise though as was mentioned, Humps is perfect size and environment really.
RGV Pony

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 pm

RGV Pony wrote:And a big F U to Henderson Tap House who originally signed up as host then backed out when LB quit. Guess they didn't think SMU was bigtime enough after that. Blessing in disguise though as was mentioned, Humps is perfect size and environment really.

What type of financial commitment does it take to host? Equivalent of game ad time and reserving space on a typically slow night?

Funny that a week ago an SMU external relations person was trying to drum up support for #tempotalk. Said it was mostly old folks. Now it's a full house. Beat Tulane!
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 pm

Average age still north of 30
RGV Pony

Humperdinks/Chad UpTempo radio show

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Yeah still pretty old. RGV with the birthday didn't help the average. Nor did I. Maybe five dudes under 35 other than the children of old dudes.
smusic 00

Postby Arkpony » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Keep winning. It will happen.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:19 am

smusic 00 wrote:Yeah still pretty old. RGV with the birthday didn't help the average. Nor did I. Maybe five dudes under 35 other than the children of old dudes.

If I brought my children it would raise the 35 year old level.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:20 am

Lot's of band wagoners last night, but all aboard! 8) I sat with the great Keith Whitmire.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:42 am

smusic 00 wrote:Yeah still pretty old. RGV with the birthday didn't help the average. Nor did I. Maybe five dudes under 35 other than the children of old dudes.

I was one of the 5 dudes under 35. It's a good event, and all the coaches and AD staff do a good job of socializing with everyone.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:52 am

PonyPlayer4 wrote:

I was one of the 5 dudes under 35. .

Me too! :wink:
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:23 am

RGV Pony wrote:And a big F U to Henderson Tap House who originally signed up as host then backed out when LB quit. Guess they didn't think SMU was bigtime enough after that. Blessing in disguise though as was mentioned, Humps is perfect size and environment really.

Is that what happened? Screw them then. I'm not a huge fan of Humperdinks, would have preferred Pluckers or something. My main gripe is unless you get there at 6:20, you're stuck in the overflow bar area.

Great attendance last night. Many more people than previous weeks. My group of 3 were all under 35, sat next to the Bob Sharp table.

Hopefully all this excitement carries over to Homecoming (need a win at Tulane) and we have a good showing. Need to keep the attendance at games ticking up.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby JohnnyRock » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:25 am

Any talk about when the construction begins on the indoor practice facility? Any talk about recruiting? I believe Rivals has us ranked 6th in recruiting in our own conference.
JohnnyRock
Recruit

Postby mavsrage311 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:31 am

PerunasHoof wrote:

Is that what happened? Screw them then. I'm not a huge fan of Humperdinks, would have preferred Pluckers or something.

Yep it's true. They told us to "take them to court" when we mentioned we had a contract in place. Needless to say, I will not be going there again anytime soon.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 am

JohnnyRock wrote:Any talk about when the construction begins on the indoor practice facility? Any talk about recruiting? I believe Rivals has us ranked 6th in recruiting in our own conference.

Construction has already started on the IPF. On the east side of Central, you just have to stand on the DART tracks to see it. Why don't you go take a look?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby PK » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:52 am

PerunasHoof wrote:
JohnnyRock wrote:Any talk about when the construction begins on the indoor practice facility? Any talk about recruiting? I believe Rivals has us ranked 6th in recruiting in our own conference.

Construction has already started on the IPF. On the east side of Central, you just have to stand on the DART tracks to see it. Why don't you go take a look?

That is the new natatorium on the east side of central. The IPF will be constructed where the current soccer stadium is located.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

PreviousNext

Return to Football