PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Blvd Spot - USF or Navy

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Blvd Spot - USF or Navy

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:12 pm

Anyone have a spot that they aren't going to be using for the USF or Navy game? I'm trying to put together a Boulevard experience for a group of non-SMU affiliated friends that are interested in checking out the scene and the game (well, hopefully).

I know at that point in the season there are usually quite a few that are empty...if you want to make a deal on your spot pm me.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Blvd Spot - USF or Navy

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Will depend on game time for USF. Flying in from NYC tourney early that morning.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Chnash318 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 am

03Mustang wrote:Anyone have a spot that they aren't going to be using for the USF or Navy game? I'm trying to put together a Boulevard experience for a group of non-SMU affiliated friends that are interested in checking out the scene and the game (well, hopefully).

I know at that point in the season there are usually quite a few that are empty...if you want to make a deal on your spot pm me.

Not sure a game Thanksgiving weekend is the game I'd take non-SMU fans that want to check out the "scene". The boulevard for that game is always completely empty.
Chnash318
Junior Varsity

Postby 03Mustang » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:02 pm

I know, but this group is mostly friends that don't get to tailgate much otherwise due to family and other team allegiances, so just hanging out and doing tailgate stuff is the goal. It just didn't work out for the first 3 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Blvd Spot - USF or Navy

Postby smupony94 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:55 pm

I have 2 tickets in 104 and a parka my pass to the USF game for a good home

I will still be in NYC
smupony94

Postby mrydel » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:04 pm

I have 2 tickets in 104 and a parking pass for the USF game. I will be in Las Vegas.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby BUS » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:31 am

I can get those ticket used. Or - Send grand son and I'll teach him college life!!!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby mrydel » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:56 am

I have 2 other end zone too. I will mail you everything and you can get them to deserving people.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby numero_uno » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:56 am

If 2 tickets are still available, I'll take 'em. Have some SMU fans that would love to go.
numero_uno
Junior Varsity

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:44 am

Bumping this...anyone have a spot they won't be using?

03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 pm

There is a slight possibility we may not use the Blvd spot for the USF game, but won't know until probably the week before the game. Sorry I know you need clarity to be able to make your plans, but that is the best I can do at this time.

Also keep in mind we are looking for a 2017 "Blvd Partner" that next season would for example use the spot for half the homes games and we would use the spot for half the home games. Basically each entity would have complete use of the spot for half the homes games. This year that would have been 3 games. We are not super picky about who would get what games, except we would like say one game in Sept, one game in Oct, and one game in Nov.
"THE SMU BLVD - - NO PLACE ELSE" (retired)
Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans
Heisman

Blvd Spot - USF or Navy

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:50 pm

03, have you contacted the mustang club? People do turn their spots back in from to time for resale.
smusic 00

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:10 pm

No, but I will. Thx for the idea.

03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ATLPonyDad » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:37 pm

03Mustang,

I will be going solo to the Navy game so their will be plenty of room at Spot #82 at the corner of Binkley & Bishop for you and your friends to Boulevard with me. I usually have extra tickets and parking as well.

I have a meeting Saturday morning so I let the Athletic Dept. know they could use my spot for HC. They want to give additional exposure to other SMU sports so they will have the SMU Women's Golf Team there enjoying The Boulevard...great idea IMHO.

There were no takers for the UH game which worked out well since my plans changed and I was able to setup and go to the game...great day for The Boulevard with weather and 'Coogs going down!!

Had a blast with my SMU student son in the Big Easy last weekend watching the Ponies beat Tulane. It was great slapping high five's with the players and coaches as they walked off the field. so nice to see joy and excitement return to SMU football...all were so happy after pulling that one out.

Pony Up!
ATLPonyDad
Recruit

Postby Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:59 am

smusic 00 wrote:03, have you contacted the mustang club? People do turn their spots back in from to time for resale.

smusic I know I can call them to find out , but do you happen to know what SMU charges when they "re-sell" a Blvd spot for one game?
"THE SMU BLVD - - NO PLACE ELSE" (retired)
Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans
Heisman

Next

Return to Football