PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

F Chad Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: F Chad Morris

Postby smupony94 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:07 pm

smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:16 pm

that was great!

he is a tough son of a 170 pounder
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby GreenbeltPony » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Ponyfans should introduce a "Hall of Fame" board where topics like these are memorialized.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby GreenbeltPony » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:04 pm

double post
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby Ponymon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Can we please change the name of this thread to F RedBlueSMU????
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:59 pm

smupony94 wrote:https://twitter.com/smu_football/status/792545277341085696

Jerry Maguire moment
mustangxc

Postby SMUer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Play calling was bad, and his staff (Craddock?) has a history of going ultra conservative with rare leads. Just because we had a miracle comeback against the bottom of our conference doesn't make make they original post stupid.
SMUer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:21 pm

My early comments about choking is still valid as well as the criticism on some play calling. However the coaches and players still kept fighting when they were down which is something to admire.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:23 pm

smupony94 wrote:https://twitter.com/smu_football/status/792545277341085696

I just about dropped some man tears on that one...like when Rudy got accepted to ND.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Mestengo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:01 am

F = fantastic fabulous ?
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 3rdGenPony » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 am

I do not understand the play calling criticism. Is it referring the the 3rd quarter when it seemed like we were pinned against our own goal line the whole time? Do you want Morris dropping Hicks deep from the one yard line and throwing long? Seems like the play calling was situational due to field position to me and not because they were trying to protect a lead.
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby ponyte » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:18 am

I thought the TU coaches did a better job of halftime adjustments and that was the reason for the TU turnaround. It took some time but the O finally got some playing time on the field (no 3 and outs) that gave time for the D to make adjustments. Once they made those adjustments, the D shut down TU.

And only a few seem to consider the horrendous field position we started off with in the second half. That had more to do with conservative play calling than coaching.

TU was very well prepared. The interceptions were great D because those defenders were prepared enough to know our plays and tendencies.

I though TUs's coaching staff did a great job with their game plan and preparations.

In the end, we were the better team cause we continually made adjustment to Tulane and had better athletes in key positions.

And how clutch were the last 11 minutes of the 4th quarter.? Very clutch one could say. Key execution (3rd and 25 and we made it!). The D held and the O made long drives to score.
ponyte

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:28 am

ponyte wrote:I thought the TU coaches did a better job of halftime adjustments and that was the reason for the TU turnaround. It took some time but the O finally got some playing time on the field (no 3 and outs) that gave time for the D to make adjustments. Once they made those adjustments, the D shut down TU.

And only a few seem to consider the horrendous field position we started off with in the second half. That had more to do with conservative play calling than coaching.

TU was very well prepared. The interceptions were great D because those defenders were prepared enough to know our plays and tendencies.

I though TUs's coaching staff did a great job with their game plan and preparations.

In the end, we were the better team cause we continually made adjustment to Tulane and had better athletes in key positions.

And how clutch were the last 11 minutes of the 4th quarter.? Very clutch one could say. Key execution (3rd and 25 and we made it!). The D held and the O made long drives to score.

Great perspective. HCCM might have lost the halftime adjustments battle but in the end still found a way to win. How about changing the title of the thread to Hicks: one tough MF

He stands in there and takes his licks as well as anyone. He improves slowly but surely and I think he competes for the job next year because of the continued improvements.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Stallion » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:34 am

I see the rats are swimming back to the ship because they made a fool of themselves yesterday

anybody complaining about SMU (3-21 in prior 2 years) beating Tulane on the road doesn't know jack about college football-any road conference win is great for this rebuilding program
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Arkpony » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:37 am

That's a fact, Jack!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

PreviousNext

Return to Football