PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

LA Tech game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

LA Tech game

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Aug 06, 2001 3:09 pm

Anyone know if the game is being televised? If so, what time and channel??
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Re: LA Tech game

Postby ponytalk » Mon Aug 06, 2001 6:44 pm

I have heard that we have three games on TV, all on Fox SW. I think Hawaii is one of them and I forgot the rest. I also heard that KSTR is out of business, so no more KSTR local games unless another station picks it up.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby South Texas Pony » Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:17 pm

The televised games so far are NC State, Hawaii, and Tulsa. The NC State kicks off @ 5:30, the Hawaii @ 11:00, and the Tulsa @ 1:30.
South Texas Pony

Postby jettison » Tue Aug 07, 2001 10:53 am

K-Star went out of business? You mean I can't break it down to my favorite hip hop tunes and watch the hoochie mamas late Saturday nights? That's a shame!

I also wish more away games were televised. Travelling is going to be hard with baby jettison.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyPride » Tue Aug 07, 2001 11:16 am

Didn't know the broadcast schedule was released. In fact, according to the athletic department as of Monday (8/6/01) nothing was official. But they did tell me that the LaTech game is not being broadcast. Perhaps SouthTexasPony has some inside info.

And I agree, if they're going to televise games, they ought to televise road games. Everyone needs to BE AT FORD STADIUM for the home games!
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grider » Wed Aug 08, 2001 9:34 am

And I agree, if they're going to televise games, they ought to televise road games. Everyone needs to BE AT FORD STADIUM for the home games![/B][/QUOTE]

That is true, but you also have to realize that TV coverage is a good way to show off Ford Stadium and its facilities. Frankly, I think we should work out a deal to televise every game, and have folks be able to get it on satellite anywhere they are.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby smu man » Wed Aug 08, 2001 10:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grider:
<B>

And I agree, if they're going to televise games, they ought to televise road games. Everyone needs to BE AT FORD STADIUM for the home games!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is true, but you also have to realize that TV coverage is a good way to show off
Ford Stadium and its facilities. Frankly, I think we should work out a deal to televise every game, and have folks be able to get it on satellite anywhere they are.

Does anyone now anything about Coach Schumann the Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs. Does he have an eye for possible top players or does he focus only on scholarship players. He's the can of guy that puts all his eggs into one basket ? Also is there room on the team for a walk -on Strong Safety that was side lined last year because of an evil coach. This player had 119 tackles in his junior year at Mansfield h.s. was all district, all area. He was also selected by the coaches as defensive player of the year, was selected defensive player of the week by the Arlington Star Telegram.
This player was interested in walking -on at SMU and he did. Reported on Sunday, and was told on Tuesday that there were 8 scholarships ahead of him and he won't be looked at. He is 6'0, 190lbs. runs the 40 in 4.5 seconds. This was told to him by Coach Schumann once on Monday during Frosh day before workouts began on Tuesday. He asked the player if he was sure he wanted to play safety and then several times on tuesday. He didn't ask any of the other players out there this questions. Only 2 scholarships were there as freshmen and him as a walk on. The kid is beginning to feel out of place. Please respond.

thanks,
MOTHEROF

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by smu man (edited 08-08-2001).]
smu man

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Aug 08, 2001 7:02 pm

Brian Bischoff was a walk-on LB who was awarded a scholarship last year. We've awarded a lot of 'ships to defensive backs these past 2 yrs, so I expect it will be tough to earn one at safety position, unless your player proves he belongs on the field.

We are thin at the OL and DL positions. We might have some walk-ons in line for scholarships at those positions, once again, provided they can prove they belong on the field ahead of other scholarship players.

You might suggest to your player he find out from Brian what he did to get the coaches attention. I'm no "insider". Just a distant observer.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football