PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hire Chad Morris

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Fire Chad Morris

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:45 pm

still waiting for footballdad to pounce on this opportunity as Chad left himself open to a lot of criticism after this latest fiasco. I fully expect him to accept a lot of responsibility for today's performance and unlike Temple, not sure he puts this on the players
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Arkpony » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:49 pm

Mestengo is not an SMU grad but adopted the team because he cared. He has devoted as much energy as anyone to the school and contributed way more than most. He has earned his right to be critical.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby gostangs » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:50 pm

i get it - accountability should go to all involved, players coaches and fans. However saying Fire Chad morris is just stupid and it is also fine to call that out.

There are bumps in all rebuilding. You will feel stupid later for saying fire chad morris today. The guy knows what he is doing - which is not the same as being flawless.
gostangs

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:52 pm

It's year 2, people. This team is who we thought they were. Did anyone really expect different after that second half disaster at Tulane last week (yes, we came back to win, but just think about that...we had to come back to win)?

Buck up, enjoy the ride. It's going to get fun soon. But this team is still too thin for it to be fun now.
CalallenStang

Postby Mestengo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Well yes I expected more with this Memphis game I'm sorry I'm an idiot
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mestengo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:05 pm

gostangs wrote:i get it - accountability should go to all involved, players coaches and fans. However saying Fire Chad morris is just stupid and it is also fine to call that out.

There are bumps in all rebuilding. You will feel stupid later for saying fire chad morris today. The guy knows what he is doing - which is not the same as being flawless.

Sometimes noise is accountability
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Ok it's not a huge deal but why in the hell do we always receive when we win the coin toss? I always thought it was considered common sense to defer. Is that not the case? I figured we should always be cautious and assume if things go south you always have the second half to fall back on...
Last edited by SMU_Alum11 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mestengo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:13 pm

I never even thought about that [deleted] dude
Last edited by Mestengo on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Wes scored first in the first 8 games. That quickly came to an end today.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby OLEJACKETFAN » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 pm

I was very disappointed in The whole deal today. Just didn't seem like anyone was ready or enthused, Coaches included. Poor effort. With that being said, SMU is still shallow on talent. Hicks gives it his best but he really isn't the type QB that fits Chads offense. Need a more athletic QB. That has already been addressed for the next few years. Jones out and West hurt puts SMU in a really bad situation at RB. This is going to take time. Im 100% sure Chad will fix it. Im standing behind him thru the ugly times!! I will say this, when you are putting a Staff together like he was and asking Coaches to come to SMU. They evaluate whats here talent and facility wise. Probably was turned down by some Coaches. I imagine the Coaches were given 2 yr Contracts. With that being said I believe there will be a couple changes after this year. As Jimmie Johnson said, there are 3 phases in a game. SMU is a disaster on Special Teams. Something is not right here. Not taking blame away from Chad cause the Team looked Totally unprepared today. But I totally stand behind him. To the posters that want him fired, who would you replace him with? Please tell me, I need a good laugh about now!!
OLEJACKETFAN
Scout Team

Postby OLEJACKETFAN » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 pm

I was very disappointed in The whole deal today. Just didn't seem like anyone was ready or enthused, Coaches included. Poor effort. With that being said, SMU is still shallow on talent. Hicks gives it his best but he really isn't the type QB that fits Chads offense. Need a more athletic QB. That has already been addressed for the next few years. Jones out and West hurt puts SMU in a really bad situation at RB. This is going to take time. Im 100% sure Chad will fix it. Im standing behind him thru the ugly times!! I will say this, when you are putting a Staff together like he was and asking Coaches to come to SMU. They evaluate whats here talent and facility wise. Probably was turned down by some Coaches. I imagine the Coaches were given 2 yr Contracts. With that being said I believe there will be a couple changes after this year. As Jimmie Johnson said, there are 3 phases in a game. SMU is a disaster on Special Teams. Something is not right here. Not taking blame away from Chad cause the Team looked Totally unprepared today. But I totally stand behind him. To the posters that want him fired, who would you replace him with? Please tell me, I need a good laugh about now!!
OLEJACKETFAN
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:34 pm

we are better this year than we were last year and even last year was better than JJ's final season. The few of us who remain loyal to this program have relatively low expectations. Just looking for year over year improvement to continue and looking forward to the day we don't get blown out at Homecoming. It's easy to see we are headed in the right direction, but that doesn't make days like today much easier.

How many more days until hoops season?
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:34 pm

For gosh sakes! You don't REALLY believe Mestengo was serious?
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby peruna81 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:35 pm

glad we didn't fire Meyer after 9 games year two....
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Arkpony wrote:For gosh sakes! You don't REALLY believe Mestengo was serious?

I think it's about 50-50% who realize his post was tongue in cheek and a reference to last week's bizzare post by some redandblue character...but it was a poor performance by the coaching staff this week and I expect they will be the 1st to admit it. Got out coached and out played today
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football