PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 11 THREAD: USF vs. SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 11 THREAD: USF vs. SMU

Postby 03Mustang » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:03 am

smupony94 wrote:My TCU nephew is talking me off the ledge reminding me we are stacked next year

Until Morris leaves for Baylor
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:08 am

03Mustang wrote:
smupony94 wrote:My TCU nephew is talking me off the ledge reminding me we are stacked next year

Until Morris leaves for Baylor

Minor wrench
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:54 am

OK, trying to stuff it up the middle with smallish backs on crucial downs is getting really OLD :!:

Misdirection cross bucks, second man through scemes, single wing scemes, and or fakes into the
middle, and running outside works really well if you haven't already got them looking for it.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:09 am

mtrout wrote:And Navy has virtually nothing to play for...unless they think they're getting past Western Michigan and Wyoming for the access bowl.

They definitely will be in the mix for the P5 access bowl.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:08 am

tough loss but give our guys credit for fighting to the bitter end. Several bonehead plays but the guys overcame a lot of mistakes and in the end, they had a chance to pull off what would have been a pretty significant upset. Would have been fun watching a 2 pt conversion attempt with an opportunity to get that game to OT. Braden West is a warrior to carry the ball 29 times with all of his 170 lbs, but in the end we really missed Xavier Jones' burst on those short yardage runs. This team continues to impress me and has come a lot farther than I expected this year. Ben Hicks has improved dramatically and Demerick Gary is going to be a beast for us on D.

The way our offense moved the ball, we might just have a chance to outscore Navy because that's our only hope of winning that game. Our D is going to face a very different challenge against their option and until I see us stop it, I have a hard time believing we can.
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Football