PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sleeper 2000?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sleeper 2000?

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Jul 18, 2000 4:24 pm

Who will surprise everyone this year? I saw LB Billy Ford last night (at least I assume that was him - wearing SMU football shorts and has the Ford Motor Company logo tattooed on his arm) and he looked like he's lived in the weight room since last season. In last season's media guide, he was listed at 215 pounds, which also was his listed weight at the end of spring practice —— I'd bet he's AT LEAST 230 now, maybe more. The man has some huge pipes (arms) and looks like he's in terrific shape.

Who else could emerge as a sleeper this year?
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Sleeper 2000?

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Jul 19, 2000 3:46 am

I have said this over and over, you will all see. Brian Bischoff. He was a walkon last season, in spring he won the strength award, and he had an AWESOME spring! You will all be surprised!

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby jettison » Wed Jul 19, 2000 11:13 am

Yes, Ford (#17) has got the frame to be a complete stud. He's one of the taller players on SMU who has plenty of room to fill out. Once the coaches find his position he should shine. It says he played QB, DB and P in high school.

Other sleepers... it seems we've exhausted topics like this over the past few months. I think we're all just a little restless for some football!!!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUguy » Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:43 pm

Is there some confusion about Ford's position? I thought he was recruited as a safety and then moved almost immediately to linebacker. Is there some debate, or did they leave him at LB?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby Hoofprint » Sun Jul 23, 2000 8:06 pm

Last I saw Ford was listed as a backup at strongside linebacker.

Sleeper for 2000? James Orr. He's finally put on a little weight, and he makes plays. Keep an eye on him.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby HorsePower » Tue Jul 25, 2000 1:28 pm

Lute Croy. Dude has incredible strength. He will be solid plugging the middle of the defensive line.
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Football