PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BU reportedly has Herman and Morris at top of their list

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: BU reportedly has Herman and Morris at top of their list

Postby SMUer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:54 pm

If he is leaving because we didn't pack the stadium after his mustering a 5-7 season in his second year, with at-times embarrassing displays of football, he is more delusional than June was while here.
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sbsmith » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:05 pm

SMUer wrote:If he is leaving because we didn't pack the stadium after his mustering a 5-7 season in his second year, with at-times embarrassing displays of football, he is more delusional than June was while here.

That's not the only reason he's leaving.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:08 pm

lack of attendance is just a symptom of the disease that has affected SMU for 30 years now
Charleston Pony

Postby 78pony » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:43 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Stallion wrote:No I'm just starting to wonder if I want to continue supporting a program whose "fans" think they can wait until SMU consistently wins 10 games to bother to show up

Saturday was a DISGRACE

Storming the Field against UH in front of 4,000 was an embarrassment

SMU has the right Coach right now but despite the fact that Morris and staff have fully engaged the community and outworked its competitors, SMU alumni, students, family and friends just don't give a [deleted]

You're not going to hear any criticism from me if Chad Morris bails. SMU "fans" deserve it

It's sad that we bashed JJ for quitting on SMU after realizing there just isn't much support for the program. JJ quit at a time when if he and his staff made half the effort Chad and his staff have, we could be at a completely different level right now and JJ could have moved on to big bucks and an attractive P5 job. I think we can all agree the SMU community is it's own worst enemy

JJ deserved every bashing he got. Every single one. He quit. He took the check and was paid well. He had a contract to perform certain duties and he flat quit. I'm glad we have military leaders who know what their job is and don't listen to a bunch of crybabies who disagree with supporting the cause, don't agree with the governments position or don't agree with a new president. Do your darn job to the best of your ability while employed. Leave if you don't like it but you owe your employer for every day you are paid.
78pony
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:49 pm

I miss kicking JJ around

https://youtu.be/XPIlpCtSpWw
One Trick Pony

Postby Topper » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Talking to UT people this morning who tell me that they fear that their hiring process is going to drag on due to the AD and President wanting to hire a consulting firm and put together a blue ribbon panel to rubber stamp their selection. If I'm Herman, this makes me nervous.

On the other hand, the Baylor job offer will not require so much red tape, but the uncertainty of the NCAA and all that will come out in the wash as this scandal moves forward would make me even more nervous.

I'm usually wrong but I can't see Morris or Herman jumping at the chance to salvage Baylor, especially since I still believe that UT will eventually hire Herman and that A&M will offer Morris the job there in two or three years. About the time Morris's son graduates from high school.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:04 am

Topper wrote:Talking to UT people this morning who tell me that they fear that their hiring process is going to drag on due to the AD and President wanting to hire a consulting firm and put together a blue ribbon panel to rubber stamp their selection. If I'm Herman, this makes me nervous.

On the other hand, the Baylor job offer will not require so much red tape, but the uncertainty of the NCAA and all that will come out in the wash as this scandal moves forward would make me even more nervous.

I'm usually wrong but I can't see Morris or Herman jumping at the chance to salvage Baylor, especially since I still believe that UT will eventually hire Herman and that A&M will offer Morris the job there in two or three years. About the time Morris's son graduates from high school.

Wanna bet?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:06 am

Parents are friends with Texas AD and was told Chad was on their list. Wonder if Baylor paid Chad more for that
smupony94

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 am

smupony94 wrote:Parents are friends with Texas AD and was told Chad was on their list. Wonder if Baylor paid Chad more for that

If Texas hired Chad after he went 7-16 at SMU, Austin would've burned to the ground
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:15 am

I know. Can't wait to see the new Texas coach wearing a grill. Will fit right in Austin
smupony94

Previous

Return to Football