PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dreaded and Feared Attendance Thread USF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dreaded and Feared Attendance Thread USF

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm hearing the ticket office is "hoping for 10,000" :evil:
Our fans are so lousy, that 10,000 would be a shocker.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Dreaded and Feared Attendance Thread USF

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Best posts on ponyfans!

I say 32,319 tickets sold. Actual attendance in the 27k range.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby sbsmith » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:26 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:I'm hearing the ticket office is "hoping for 10,000" :evil:

Hey that's about double the butts in seats we drew for USF in 2014 and that was homecoming. Progress :mrgreen:
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:51 pm

This will be yet another embarrassing TV moment for our program, but at least Chad knows it is what it is as he mentioned in his presser this week.
Charleston Pony

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Great. Just fing great.
Hoop Fan

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:16 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:I'm hearing the ticket office is "hoping for 10,000" :evil:

I'm not surprised, it's a game with nothing to play for....

Oh wait a moment, maybe there is

I'll stick with my earlier prediction...14,000
SoCal_Pony

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:27 am

...but its goin' to be Nippy
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMUer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 am

Maybe we'll all get the pleasure of seeing fightless, diarrhea football again! Focus on consistently playing a game you can be proud of before you count faces in the stands.
SMUer

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:11 am

Yeah try not to get war crimed on Homecoming.

I was FINALLY able to get four of my former classmates that haven't been in Ford since graduation in 2006 to attend a game. Talked it up big time about how we turned a corner with the big win against UH. Great weather, great atmosphere on The Boulevard, and feeling good about our chances against Memphis. After a quarter they were all sitting around laughing that they were tricked into going to a game. People who sat behind us had a similar experience with getting people to finally see a game and then we pull that garbage. Lots of laughter and headshakes that walked out of Ford at halftime that day. Tremendous opportunity blown by the program.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Pony in SA » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:56 am

School may have done it, but if not my opinion they should have handed out free tickets to every church group, kids' football and other sports group, YMCA groups, etc. just to get bodies in the stadium. Rather people in the building regardless if ticket revenue or not.
Pony in SA
All-American

Postby SMU Grid Iron Madman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:40 pm

I thought it might be helpful if we catalog the list of reasons why SMU football games are not sold out. Instead of regurgitating, you could just post the number assigned to your reason. Ease of communication will be greatly improved. Everybody wins!

1. Dallas has too many things to do on the weekends. I'm a cultured person with many and varied interests. I am the most interesting person alive.

2. Previous home game was an embarrassment. Need perfection. Everything is always perfect for me.

3. Opposing fans don't travel well.

4. Game-Day is too close to a holiday. Will be holiday travelling soon. Don't want to make any extra trips.

5. Weather forecast is frightful. Heard a zephyr might be coming through in the 2nd quarter. Can't take any chances.

6. Crossing Hillcrest can be tricky. Traffic on Saturday's is already bad enough. Don't think the cross-walk lights will be fine-tuned enough.

7. Kids have homework on the weekends. I'm the designated tutor. Need to be available.

8. Game time not convenient. Early start times are a killer, not enough Blvd time. Late start times really make scheduling difficult. Dinner reservations, soiree's, theatre shows, etc. won't wait.

9. Junior has sporting event. It's the darndest thing. The 6 home football weekends per year conflict with my kid's travel schedule. Football season just seeks up on me every time.

10. Losing is never acceptable to me. I can't live with the personal humiliation. I'll never be the same.

11. My time is too valuable. I don't have time to finish this one.

12. Someone put Velcro on the Blvd tent poles. Literally, there was nothing I could do. I was completely stuck.

I'll stop here. I hope you get the point. Mustang fandom can be so frustrating.
SMU Grid Iron Madman
Recruit

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Ponyfans Hall of Fame nominee
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby skyscraper » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Can we sticky that list to the top of the football board?
skyscraper

Postby No Quarter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:25 pm

SMU Grid Iron Madman wrote:I thought it might be helpful if we catalog the list of reasons why SMU football games are not sold out. Instead of regurgitating, you could just post the number assigned to your reason. Ease of communication will be greatly improved. Everybody wins!

1. Dallas has too many things to do on the weekends. I'm a cultured person with many and varied interests. I am the most interesting person alive.

2. Previous home game was an embarrassment. Need perfection. Everything is always perfect for me.

3. Opposing fans don't travel well.

4. Game-Day is too close to a holiday. Will be holiday travelling soon. Don't want to make any extra trips.

5. Weather forecast is frightful. Heard a zephyr might be coming through in the 2nd quarter. Can't take any chances.

6. Crossing Hillcrest can be tricky. Traffic on Saturday's is already bad enough. Don't think the cross-walk lights will be fine-tuned enough.

7. Kids have homework on the weekends. I'm the designated tutor. Need to be available.

8. Game time not convenient. Early start times are a killer, not enough Blvd time. Late start times really make scheduling difficult. Dinner reservations, soiree's, theatre shows, etc. won't wait.

9. Junior has sporting event. It's the darndest thing. The 6 home football weekends per year conflict with my kid's travel schedule. Football season just seeks up on me every time.

10. Losing is never acceptable to me. I can't live with the personal humiliation. I'll never be the same.

11. My time is too valuable. I don't have time to finish this one.

12. Someone put Velcro on the Blvd tent poles. Literally, there was nothing I could do. I was completely stuck.

I'll stop here. I hope you get the point. Mustang fandom can be so frustrating.

Maybe six is thought to cover it, but I'd add "Lack of sufficient on campus or other convenient walk up parking."

Not sure how many regular season or playoff HS games are scheduled at Ford, although it used to be said that would be an aid in recruiting and getting fans to attend SMU games. I suspect parking is an issue there also.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby BUS » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Truck is load have four non season ticket friends on the way.
Wife put a magnum bottle of Champaign on ice for after game
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Next

Return to Football