PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dreaded and Feared Attendance Thread USF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Dreaded and Feared Attendance Thread USF

Postby sbsmith » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:46 pm

SMU Grid Iron Madman wrote:I thought it might be helpful if we catalog the list of reasons why SMU football games are not sold out. Instead of regurgitating, you could just post the number assigned to your reason. Ease of communication will be greatly improved. Everybody wins!

1. Dallas has too many things to do on the weekends. I'm a cultured person with many and varied interests. I am the most interesting person alive.

2. Previous home game was an embarrassment. Need perfection. Everything is always perfect for me.

3. Opposing fans don't travel well.

4. Game-Day is too close to a holiday. Will be holiday travelling soon. Don't want to make any extra trips.

5. Weather forecast is frightful. Heard a zephyr might be coming through in the 2nd quarter. Can't take any chances.

6. Crossing Hillcrest can be tricky. Traffic on Saturday's is already bad enough. Don't think the cross-walk lights will be fine-tuned enough.

7. Kids have homework on the weekends. I'm the designated tutor. Need to be available.

8. Game time not convenient. Early start times are a killer, not enough Blvd time. Late start times really make scheduling difficult. Dinner reservations, soiree's, theatre shows, etc. won't wait.

9. Junior has sporting event. It's the darndest thing. The 6 home football weekends per year conflict with my kid's travel schedule. Football season just seeks up on me every time.

10. Losing is never acceptable to me. I can't live with the personal humiliation. I'll never be the same.

11. My time is too valuable. I don't have time to finish this one.

12. Someone put Velcro on the Blvd tent poles. Literally, there was nothing I could do. I was completely stuck.

I'll stop here. I hope you get the point. Mustang fandom can be so frustrating.

Must read for anyone wondering why Morris would ever want to leave.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:48 pm

sbsmith wrote:
SMU Grid Iron Madman wrote:I thought it might be helpful if we catalog the list of reasons why SMU football games are not sold out. Instead of regurgitating, you could just post the number assigned to your reason. Ease of communication will be greatly improved. Everybody wins!

1. Dallas has too many things to do on the weekends. I'm a cultured person with many and varied interests. I am the most interesting person alive.

2. Previous home game was an embarrassment. Need perfection. Everything is always perfect for me.

3. Opposing fans don't travel well.

4. Game-Day is too close to a holiday. Will be holiday travelling soon. Don't want to make any extra trips.

5. Weather forecast is frightful. Heard a zephyr might be coming through in the 2nd quarter. Can't take any chances.

6. Crossing Hillcrest can be tricky. Traffic on Saturday's is already bad enough. Don't think the cross-walk lights will be fine-tuned enough.

7. Kids have homework on the weekends. I'm the designated tutor. Need to be available.

8. Game time not convenient. Early start times are a killer, not enough Blvd time. Late start times really make scheduling difficult. Dinner reservations, soiree's, theatre shows, etc. won't wait.

9. Junior has sporting event. It's the darndest thing. The 6 home football weekends per year conflict with my kid's travel schedule. Football season just seeks up on me every time.

10. Losing is never acceptable to me. I can't live with the personal humiliation. I'll never be the same.

11. My time is too valuable. I don't have time to finish this one.

12. Someone put Velcro on the Blvd tent poles. Literally, there was nothing I could do. I was completely stuck.

I'll stop here. I hope you get the point. Mustang fandom can be so frustrating.

Must read for anyone wondering why Morris would ever want to leave.

Yep, then go pull up the replay of when Baylor beat OU to clinch the big xii title. Was it last year or year before, late in the season, cold and wet I think and packed house in Waco
RGV Pony

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:52 pm

To avoid embarrassment on television. Close off upper bowl, close off Westside, and put all fans in the North East corner of the end zone and Sidelines behind the visiting bench. LOL
ALEX LIFESON

Postby sbsmith » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:07 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Yep, then go pull up the replay of when Baylor beat OU to clinch the big xii title. Was it last year or year before, late in the season, cold and wet I think and packed house in Waco

I think this is the one you're talking about

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:10 pm

That's right, Texas.
RGV Pony

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Judging by Blvd attendance 3 hours before the game, there will be 7-9 people in the stands.
smusic 00

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:47 pm

I really don't understand why there wouldn't be at least 20,000 real fans at this game. (SMU has been seriously inflating its attendance numbers all year) Come on-its late November and we still are playing for something. SMU fans drive me nuts
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:54 pm

Ouch hope somebody has the quick sense to cancel the team walk at 3:30.
Hoop Fan

Postby docabel » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:29 pm

We are what we are....
docabel
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:38 pm

docabel wrote:18,417

We are what we are....

3 minutes into the second half:

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby ReedFrawg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:42 pm

Ouch...not good. Deleted photos asap.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby Ponymon » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:51 pm

I watched the Wisconsin-Purdue game today on TV and the shots of the stands at Purdue looked similar to the stands at the game tonight at SMU. Most of the fans wore red so I assume that they were Wisconsin fans. I was shocked at their attendance given it was a Big 10 game.
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Beat Navy.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby NavyCrimson » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:32 am

We are paying the price of not building and nurturing our program like tcu has. Cant blame the fans but the administration. This will take years of consistent winning and winning big but it can be done.
BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS OF SMU FOOTBALL!!!

For some strange reason, one of the few universities that REFUSE to use their school colors: Harvard Crimson & Yale Blue.
NavyCrimson
PonyFans.com Legend

Location: Simi Valley-CA (Hm of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library)

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:13 am

Mustang fans haven't learned how to dress for cold weather or deal with 14 point
deficits yet :!: :!: :!: :!:

Half the crowd left after USF dropped the bomb on their first 2nd half possession :!: :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football