PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IF Chad leaves...who's on the list for our next HC?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: IF Chad leaves...who's on the list for our next HC?

Postby redpony » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:39 pm

agree with agent contacts. I was referring to actually speaking with the top coaching candidates. via phone if necessary.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby orguy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:47 pm

SMUer wrote:I think a Strong/Malone locker room would have a powerful, no-quit, do things the right way culture. Keeping Malone makes a strong play to retain our current recruits as best we can, maybe we add some of Strong's, and with UT playing Strong for awhile we can go pluck the best OC we can lure...

Would love to have Charlie Strong as our head coach should Chad leave.
orguy
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:03 pm

We all know and have known for some time (so obviously Hart does as well) that it is only a matter of time before Chad Morris moves on from SMU to "bigger and better". Morris will decide when the situation and timing is right for him and I personally will be interested to see how loyal he might be to his current staff if and when he leaves. Remember he brought some of those guys from Clemson and they are relative newbies in the business but I guess anyone in that line of work knows they better do their job well and constantly work on building a network to fall back on when the carousel turns. Depending on how things unfold with this year's vacancies, Chad might become a really hot commodity and I assume he would only want to go somewhere he can pick his entire staff. You never know what restrictions might be in place in terms of getting the guys (at the salary) a HC wants

If he does bolt after the Navy game, I'm going to trust Hart will be prepared and that he already has his short list ready. I just want to see positive momentum no matter who our HC might be
Charleston Pony

Postby 35straight » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Coach O is available.
35straight
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:19 pm

35straight wrote:Coach O is available.

I was really pulling for Coach Orgeron to be retained by LSU because I think he's a good fit. Like they say, he's be the 1st guy in a long time at LSU who "doesn't have a funny accent".
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Football