PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Big Al's Frozen Tundra of USF!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Big Al's Frozen Tundra of USF!

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Most points have been covered ad nauseam, so, I will just add a couple of things about the sub zero weather and dreaded and feared attendance.

If you dressed appropriately, the weather was a non factor. It was actually refreshing---and wait for it.........football weather. Very entertaining and hard fought game, that was witnessed by 4,000 people. Student section had less than 200 in the first half, less than 100 by the end of the second half. Our fans are the absolute worst. One of the lowest attended Vard's ever, and the weather was sunny and 60. Disgraceful.

I continue to wonder about Michael Badajo. He was getting a lot of playing time early in the season, now rarely steps on field. Stallion or others, may insert opinions about him. Will he be too small for DE, or not athletic enough for inside backer?

#55 Carlos Danger Carroll didn't play.
#36 Delontae Scott continues to get increased played time at DE, while his brother Michael dresses, but never see's the field.

I didn't see Kevin Johnson get any time at backup safety last night. Millines came out a couple of times and Mikel Onu replaced him.
Speaking of Darrien Millines, he seems to have drifted into the shadows the last 3 or 4 games.
#8 Rodney Clemons has gained a lot of experience, at following his man into the endzone.

Noticed Bryce Wilds replaced Chauncy Briggs at RT, on at least 4 drives.
What is the deal with Alex Honey? #89 walk on Austin Rolfe, is now ahead of him. Honey didn't get on the field.
Between the tackles, Freemon continues his tip toe though the tulips act.
LG Daniel McCarty didn't dress. Hyder took his place, and was one of a couple of lineman that got their azzes kicked on two 3rd and 1 plays---and the 4th and 1, to seal SMU's defeat.

James Proche should have been coached, to never field a punt inside the 10. Neither Proche nor Kevin Thomas, have the speed to return kicks laterally.

Carlos Leon is the guy on our radio broadcast, that continues his boobery during halftime and postgame reports. He must have naked pictures of certain people to keep this job...aweful.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Big Al's Frozen Tundra of USF!

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:11 pm

I've said for about 2 years and watching his high school tapes that I really thought Badejo at 215 in high school projected to LB more than DE at least for foreseeable future --but he can be effective as a stand-up type rushing DE which we do employ at times. He can grow into a full-time DE but it will take awhile I think

Demereck Gary is the prototype at DE and just wait until he gets bigger and stronger. We struck gold there. Already second on team in Tackles for Loss in limited playing time
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Stallion, completely agree about Gary, he is going to be a very good player for us.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:13 pm

We hung with them!!!!

Such a shame to give up the two long pass plays and the 60-yard 4th-and-1 play. What could have been...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMUer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:56 pm

We really outplayed them, except for the 6 or 7 plays when we didn't.
SMUer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 pm

SMUer wrote:We really outplayed them, except for the 6 or 7 plays when we didn't.

If only "big plays" didn't count! Our guys played pretty well and they have come a long ways this year, but now it's time to put it all together and play their best game of the season vs Navy
Charleston Pony

Postby JasonB » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Someone at the game pointed out that the students flew home for Thanksgiving on Friday night.
JasonB

Postby JoeKidd » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:03 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Most points have been covered ad nauseam, so, I will just add a couple of things about the sub zero weather and dreaded and feared attendance.

If you dressed appropriately, the weather was a non factor. It was actually refreshing---and wait for it.........football weather. Very entertaining and hard fought game, that was witnessed by 4,000 people. Student section had less than 200 in the first half, less than 100 by the end of the second half. Our fans are the absolute worst. One of the lowest attended Vard's ever, and the weather was sunny and 60. Disgraceful.

I continue to wonder about Michael Badajo. He was getting a lot of playing time early in the season, now rarely steps on field. Stallion or others, may insert opinions about him. Will he be too small for DE, or not athletic enough for inside backer?

#55 Carlos Danger Carroll didn't play.
#36 Delontae Scott continues to get increased played time at DE, while his brother Michael dresses, but never see's the field.

I didn't see Kevin Johnson get any time at backup safety last night. Millines came out a couple of times and Mikel Onu replaced him.
Speaking of Darrien Millines, he seems to have drifted into the shadows the last 3 or 4 games.
#8 Rodney Clemons has gained a lot of experience, at following his man into the endzone.

Noticed Bryce Wilds replaced Chauncy Briggs at RT, on at least 4 drives.
What is the deal with Alex Honey? #89 walk on Austin Rolfe, is now ahead of him. Honey didn't get on the field.
Between the tackles, Freemon continues his tip toe though the tulips act.
LG Daniel McCarty didn't dress. Hyder took his place, and was one of a couple of lineman that got their azzes kicked on two 3rd and 1 plays---and the 4th and 1, to seal SMU's defeat.

James Proche should have been coached, to never field a punt inside the 10. Neither Proche nor Kevin Thomas, have the speed to return kicks laterally.

Carlos Leon is the guy on our radio broadcast, that continues his boobery during halftime and postgame reports. He must have naked pictures of certain people to keep this job...aweful.

I got to go on the sideline for a while and many of the guys you mention above that were getting game time are now injured and were half-dressed or not dressed at all. Don't want to comment on specific players/injuries, but there are more people dinged up than HCCM mentions every week.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:18 am

JasonB wrote:Someone at the game pointed out that the students flew home for Thanksgiving on Friday night.

9,800 students flew home, nearly a week before Thanksgiving Day?
ALEX LIFESON

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:31 am

My flights were all full
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Digetydog » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:27 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
JasonB wrote:Someone at the game pointed out that the students flew home for Thanksgiving on Friday night.

When I was attending grad school, I always flew home on the Friday/Saturday before Thanksgiving.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:33 am

Digetydog wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:

When I was attending grad school, I always flew home on the Friday/Saturday before Thanksgiving.

So all of the kids that are from the DFW area, flew home?
ALEX LIFESON

Postby PonySnob » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:49 am

The fraternity and sorority tents in front of Dallas Hall were full of students Saturday afternoon
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby smitty329 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:48 am

Ugh - Whining. I was there - first game in years. Sat in a season ticket holder section that was empty. When the game is the product to see and a priority over other options, people will come. Students, Alumni, season ticket holders, neighbors, friends, general college football fans, etc.

Right now, it's a priority for 5 to 8K maybe. Most of folks on this board fit in that category and can't fathom WHY others don't feel the same. Certain items need to align to prioritize over the next best option and attract the folks that will take us to 32K and beyond. Would be nice if we got to a conference game where the winner seals the 6th spot with the P5 champions for a NYE bowl. Gameday on campus. National audience. That should do it.
smitty329
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Somehow the two of you snuggling up and being buddies just tickles me. There is hope. Now I'm waiting for the Great Apocalypse :D

My section was crowded haha
One Trick Pony

Return to Football