PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chad to Baylor a done deal..

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Chad to Baylor a done deal..

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:03 pm

$2 bottles of domestic Ozona's all day
Chicken quesadillas are awesome
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smitty329 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Report: Clemson assistant Chad Morris interviews with Auburn - Post ...
http://www.postandcourier.com/.../repor ... th-aubur...
Dec 3, 2012 - CLEMSON – Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris is interviewing for the Auburn head coaching position today in Nashville, Tenn., ...
Texas Tech interviews Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris ...
http://www.cbssports.com/.../texas-tech ... -chad-mo...
Dec 12, 2012 - Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt interviewed Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris on Tuesday to replace Tommy Tuberville.
Auburn to interview Chad Morris of Clemson, according to report ...
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... had-morris
Dec 3, 2012 - The Auburn Tigers will interview Clemson Tigers offensive coordinator Chad Morris for their vacant head coach position, according to ...
The Chad Morris Interview - Clemson - Scout - Scout.com
http://www.scout.com › College › Clemson
It was a warm day in March 2011. Morris had just been hired to fix the mess that was Clemson's lifeless offense. As he made his way from the West End Zone ...
Chad Morris to interview with USF? - The Clemson Insider Forums
http://www.forums.theclemsoninsider.com ... hp?t=23102
Just heard that south Florida wants to interview Chad Morris, Seems like the Chad is ready to take a HC job somewhere if he keeps interviewing with everyone ...
smitty329
All-American

Postby sbsmith » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:This is where the SMU donors, boosters, and higher-ups can make a resounding commitment to SMU football. Pony up here to retain Chad. Otherwise, SMU football is done.

This program is bigger than one guy. It'll live on and if we want to have success we'll just have to get good at hiring coaches like everyone else.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby redpony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:47 pm

if these interviews/interest are true then it is pretty obvious that Chad wants out and has no intention of remaining committed to us. Shades of JJ. At least he only pushed the issue with Maryland and ASU.
redpony

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:50 pm

redpony wrote:if these interviews/interest are true then it is pretty obvious that Chad wants out and has no intention of remaining committed to us. Shades of JJ. At least he only pushed the issue with Maryland and ASU.

SMU isn't committed to him. He should not have to fight for an IPF that was promised to him when he was hired.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby SMU89 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:55 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:To contact and to have contact with are totally different. The meaning of is.

You clearly understand my point

Contingere
SMU89

Postby smitty329 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:36 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
redpony wrote:if these interviews/interest are true then it is pretty obvious that Chad wants out and has no intention of remaining committed to us. Shades of JJ. At least he only pushed the issue with Maryland and ASU.

SMU isn't committed to him. He should not have to fight for an IPF that was promised to him when he was hired.

Maybe there is a time frame - hasn't he been here less than 2 years? A year for funding and then construction to begin when the season has ended - what is the right time of year to build an IPF (including soccer season impacts?)
smitty329
All-American

Postby redpony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Rebel10 wrote: SMU isn't committed to him. He should not have to fight for an IPF that was promised to him when he was hired.

No disagreement here. Our AD lied to him and now we are likely going to pay the price. Oh well, we forget this is SMU- If we can screw it up we will.
redpony

Postby smitty329 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Read the dates - back in 2012 - 2 years before he came here - he was rumored to be interviewing for 2 P5 jobs (SEC and Big XII) and the USF job. Were they offered? Did he take those? Little stronger resume now but - rumors are rumors.
smitty329
All-American

Postby Pony^ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Baylor athletic director Mack Rhoades recently spoke on ESPN Central Texas about Baylor's football coaching search. Here are some highlights.

On the rumors that Baylor has hired Chad Morris as its new football coach:

"Absolutely not. We have not offered the Baylor head football coaching job to anyone nor have we reached any type of agreement with a third party. Where this stuff and how it's reported, I have no idea."

On if he would want a coach willing to leave his current obligations in the middle of a season:

"I'm a little old school. People should be doing their homework and vetting candidates and some of that you can do without ever having a conversation with a candidate and/or his representation. Part of doing your due diligence is trying to determine whether or not a potential candidate has interest. That's where we are. But again in terms of actually interviewing a candidate while they're coaching another team, that's not how we're going to do it. I'm not saying it's wrong or right but it's just not how we're going to do it at Baylor."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/baylorbears/2016/11/22/baylor-athletic-director-addresses-chad-morris-rumors-timetable-making-hire
Pony^
All-American

Postby PK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:12 pm

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/11/22/smu-coach-chad-morris-baylor-contacted?f=r
Morris has the Mustangs in the middle of a turnaround, taking a 1-11 team from 2014 and getting it one win away from bowl eligibility at 5-6.

"I came here to build SMU into something that I felt like can be great. And that's my focus and my focus in my job is to give SMU and my staff and our players 100 percent of everything that I've got every day," Morris said. "And it doesn't change. We'll talk this time next year and it'll be something, but that's just the world we live in. Social media's created that. But I do know this: I feel like this program is definitely on a big swing and big rise. I think you've seen that. I think everybody in this room has seen that. And I'm excited about the direction of our program and the players that have bought into what we're about."
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Previous

Return to Football