PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TempoTalk

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TempoTalk

Postby smupony94 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:07 pm

It's done - new coach time
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:07 pm

i love how at the first sign of someone coming for our coach everyone assumes the worst. I know its a brand new feeling that hasn't happened since Ron Meyer, but i think he is staying. Not because it doesn't make sense under normal circumstances, but because Waco is pit and are at the beginning of their issues.

He needs to be at a school who is calling the shots in the next round. UT or A&M. He knows he has 7-8 wins in the bag next year - no reason to grab the bottom rung of the big 12 today, and have a 4 year pit to climb out of.

What happens in three years after their recruiting has suffered and the baptist go crazy again and blame him instead of looking in the mirror. Ill tell you what. He'll be gone for the wrong reasons.
gostangs

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:16 pm

gostangs wrote:i love how at the first sign of someone coming for our coach everyone assumes the worst. I know its a brand new feeling that hasn't happened since Ron Meyer, but i think he is staying. Not because it doesn't make sense under normal circumstances, but because Waco is pit and are at the beginning of their issues.

He needs to be at a school who is calling the shots in the next round. UT or A&M. He knows he has 7-8 wins in the bag next year - no reason to grab the bottom rung of the big 12 today, and have a 4 year pit to climb out of.

What happens in three years after their recruiting has suffered and the baptist go crazy again and blame him instead of looking in the mirror. Ill tell you what. He'll be gone for the wrong reasons.

No guarantee A&M will open up. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. With all the issues at at Naylor it is still better than staying at SMU for another year (except for those that think SMU is a really good job).
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
gostangs wrote:i love how at the first sign of someone coming for our coach everyone assumes the worst. I know its a brand new feeling that hasn't happened since Ron Meyer, but i think he is staying. Not because it doesn't make sense under normal circumstances, but because Waco is pit and are at the beginning of their issues.

No guarantee A&M will open up. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. With all the issues at at Naylor it is still better than staying at SMU for another year (except for those that think SMU is a really good job).

Never had two in the bush but I'll take your word for it. Pony Up.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMUer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Don't think A&M will be looking to pick up Baylor's coach...call it a pride thing
SMUer

Postby sbsmith » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:53 pm

SMUer wrote:Don't think A&M will be looking to pick up Baylor's coach...call it a pride thing

He's an Aggie so they'd really be picking up one of their own.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby deucetz » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Stallion wrote:Jordan Carmouche had a shoulder injury-has had shoulder surgery and has officially qualified for a redshirt

Glad he got a redshirt year. Hope he jumps back to defense. Be the Sutton for defense
deucetz
All-American

Previous

Return to Football