PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Irony - Today's Donation Request + Chad Thoughts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Irony - Today's Donation Request + Chad Thoughts

Postby Pony in SA » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Same day it appears Chad may be leaving SMU in my mail is "Shaping Champions" brochure and donation request from SMU. Also got email. What timing, funny.

And don't feel so bad for Chad. He was paid very well and knew full well what he was getting into terms of attendance and other limitations here. He also did get things he asked for like the office makeover, more video and social media, helicopter, etc. SMU did not ignore all his requests even if IPF not built right away.

Some of us also were asked to contribute to extra things needed for Chad and we were told "Chad really needs or would like these" so we did. Not necessarily major funds but I know a group of us wrote checks because we were told extra was needed for Chad. So don't cry for him or say its because we didn't give him things, it is simply inaccurate.

If he has decided to leave I wish him the best. But we will move on. He was going to leave at some point, just interesting he would make move now to Baylor and not wait year or two to see if other things opened up.
Pony in SA
All-American

Re: Irony - Today's Donation Request + Chad Thoughts

Postby SMU89 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Whoever they get, Baylor is forced to overpay. If you're a seller, you have to consider.
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:33 am

Is there a real source showing that Chad is leaving? All I see is speculation based on a few articles saying he's one of the top candidates for Baylor. I think personally he would be extremely dumb and naïve if he can fix Baylor.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 am

Where there's smoke...
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:38 am

03Mustang wrote:Where there's smoke...

..there's ashes of a razed stadium called Baylor. I just don't get the mentality. I just wish there was hard proof that we are going to lose him. I know others are kind of "whatever" about it, but I doubt we can find a coach with the same mad recruiting skills.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:04 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:

..there's ashes of a razed stadium called Baylor. I just don't get the mentality. I just wish there was hard proof that we are going to lose him. I know others are kind of "whatever" about it, but I doubt we can find a coach with the same mad recruiting skills.

Fans are acting like recruiting is such a hard task and that Chad was the only one that could get it done...it's a simple equation, Chad just did what others couldn't do here due to restrictions pre June. The next coach can and will recruit better than Chad Morris. Hell look at Scott Frost and he is already recruiting better than Chad in UCF in YEAR 1. SMU will get a better coach and the program will continue to rise.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

Fans are acting like recruiting is such a hard task and that Chad was the only one that could get it done...it's a simple equation, Chad just did what others couldn't do here due to restrictions pre June. The next coach can and will recruit better than Chad Morris. Hell look at Scott Frost and he is already recruiting better than Chad in UCF in YEAR 1. SMU will get a better coach and the program will continue to rise.

I'm just worried that this admin will pick another June Jones.... :(
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:17 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:I'm just worried that this admin will pick another June Jones.... :(

June Jones won more games at SMU than Chad Morris in 2 years. June was fine until he got all psycho/weird after the ASU fiasco.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:I'm just worried that this admin will pick another June Jones.... :(

June Jones won more games at SMU than Chad Morris in 2 years. June was fine until he got all psycho/weird after the ASU fiasco.

Yep and most of us would have Shined his shoes until that event happened. As it worked out I left a memorial right across the street from his house on the big island.

You see my avatar that's 2009 and that's me in the water facing stallions Hotel
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Yeah but all his wins were against cupcakes, and he would always get annihilated by any P5 team. Lets try not to forget those, because Chad and company always kept us competitive. This season was rough because of the loss of Matt Davis, but he got them fighting despite it all unlike June who let UCF roll on us after his big nostalgic win against TCU.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:30 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Yeah but all his wins were against cupcakes, and he would always get annihilated by any P5 team. Lets try not to forget those, because Chad and company always kept us competitive. This season was rough because of the loss of Matt Davis, but he got them fighting despite it all unlike June who let UCF roll on us after his big nostalgic win against TCU.

Oh yeah lol
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:33 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Yeah but all his wins were against cupcakes, and he would always get annihilated by any P5 team. Lets try not to forget those, because Chad and company always kept us competitive. This season was rough because of the loss of Matt Davis, but he got them fighting despite it all unlike June who let UCF roll on us after his big nostalgic win against TCU.

Oh yeah lol

Sorry guys, but I really hate June because he was a quitters and a giant baby. As upsetting as seeing Chad, a potential recruiting class, freshmen transfers and Sutton going pro (not Chad's fault), I think he will keep up the preparation and get our guys motivated even if he leaves. I just wish we could use the buyout as a way to say Chad here's 4MM, don't take our recruiting class or transfers.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:36 pm

I enjoyed partying with June.
I thought it was pretty big of him to call me at the house when I quit because of his Fiasco. None the less here we are again in a nuclear meltdown
One Trick Pony

Postby PonySnob » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:56 pm

We actually beat UCF that year 38-17

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:16 pm

And remember June's super trick don't tell the opposing team in Hawaii about the coral - they cut all their feet up some of them got caught shoplifting so we were able to Come Away with that win which no one expected

https://youtu.be/vHgDhZ_EPjM

Oh yeah check out that huge crowd
One Trick Pony

Return to Football