PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HCCM - The Rebuttal

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: HCCM - The Rebuttal

Postby SMU89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:33 pm

West Coast Johnny wrote:Reiterating what others have already said... Baylor isn't a good job during the best of times and these are definately not the best of times. They've already lost half of the 2016 recruiting class (the good half), all of the 2017 class and have already entered a downward spiral in terms of their on-the-field quality, which means that Baylor will be behind the recruiting eight-ball for several years. I wouldn't fault HCCM from bolting to another school but for the forseeable future, he has no shot of success at Baylor. He should sit tight and continue to build SMU because there are better opertunities on the horizon.

Money talks...every thing else walks.

Baylor is a sellers market.

Take the money and run.
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:23 am

Chad called Baylor asking for the job the day briles was fired. Don't pretend this isn't high on his list.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Topper » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:55 am

I posted elsewhere that I don't begrudge a guy taking a higher paying job, especially if he takes along his assistants and improves their lives financially as well. However, if this "teal" game was nothing but a show meant to impress Baylor, then this would make Morris one of the most cynical people I have seen in college football since Joe Paterno. Using victims of sexual assault as props to further a coaching career? I don't think Morris is that kind of a guy and I hope that I don't find out otherwise. Sadly, this sort of behavior, if it is true, would be par for the course at Baylor.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Topper » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:57 am

I posted elsewhere that I don't begrudge a guy taking a higher paying job, especially if he takes along his assistants and improves their lives financially as well. However, if this "teal" game was nothing but a show meant to impress Baylor, then this would make Morris one of the most cynical people I have seen in college football since Joe Paterno. Using victims of sexual assault as props to further a coaching career? I don't think Morris is that kind of a guy and I hope that I don't find out otherwise. Sadly, this sort of behavior, if it is true, would be par for the course at Baylor.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football