PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HCCM - The Rebuttal

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

HCCM - The Rebuttal

Postby SmooBoy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Good thing no one on here has jumped to conclusions from rumors and heresay, or dumped on our coach for said rumors. :roll:
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: HCCM - The Rebuttal

Postby SmooBoy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Says he's going nowhere per TW reports from players.

Now Dallasnews.com reporting possible SMU raise and extension to retain him.
SmooBoy

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Now that is an interesting twist.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Maybe he forgot to tell Paula
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Not interesting and nothing new on those reports.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Lebanese4Life » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Seriously, it's unbelievable. Majority of the board are posting as if he's already gone, but no one has posted a shred of evidence indicating that that's the case.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:Seriously, it's unbelievable. Majority of the board are posting as if he's already gone, but no one has posted a shred of evidence indicating that that's the case.

Feel free to hope.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby mustangxc » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:52 pm

There is no need to trash Chad Morris, but to say that our fans have jumped the gun is disingenuous. We all know that if he is getting a raise it is not performance based, but to keep him from being poached. Last I checked we have not won a game since November 12. If we were that thrilled with his performance why did we not hear about an extension and raise on Monday November 14. If it is based on the entire season, I don't see why we would not wait until Monday November 28.
mustangxc

Postby Lebanese4Life » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:02 pm

mustangxc wrote:There is no need to trash Chad Morris, but to say that our fans have jumped the gun is disingenuous. We all know that if he is getting a raise it is not performance based, but to keep him from being poached. Last I checked we have not won a game since November 12. If we were that thrilled with his performance why did we not hear about an extension and raise on Monday November 14. If it is based on the entire season, I don't see why we would not wait until Monday November 28.

And what is wrong with giving him a raise to retain him? I applaud the effort; losing him would destroy all the momentum we've built this year. People need to quit it with the 7-16 record BS. What he's done here is nothing short of a miracle. Team was one of the worst in all FBS last year, yet a year later, we have a chance of going bowling with a team full of freshmen and sophomores. That's all Morris and staff.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:And what is wrong with giving him a raise to retain him? I applaud the effort; losing him would destroy all the momentum we've built this year. People need to quit it with the 7-16 record BS. What he's done here is nothing short of a miracle. Team is full of freshmen and sophomores.

Of course we need to offer a raise.. and I am sure we will...but I am hearing we are offering $3 million and Baylor is in the $4-$5 million range. We can't compete with Baylor on head football coach salary can we? Agreed Chad is a great coach and I pray he stays, but if he doesn't we have no choice but to go get a talented guy like Montgomery at Tulsa that wants a big raise.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SmooBoy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:12 pm

My point was with social media creating 13-yo (or mindset) publishers of anything they want to say, and just one retweet causing something to take off, momentum does not take long for something to really fire up once it's seen, retweeted, shared, resposted, etc.

I rightly take offense at potshots being taken at the coach, when he's done absolutely nothing to warrant them. He's brought us back into relevance in less than 18 mos, with less than two recruiting classes. He deserves a little better for what he's poured into the school with effort and energy and passion.
SmooBoy

Postby gostangs » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Again - most of this stuff is not emotional for the coach - it is math. If we are at 2.5 and Baylor is a 4.5, but he is afraid of the Baylor situation and how extended it might be - maybe for 3.5 he is willing to pass on this one and see if Aggie pops up at 5.5 - 6 in about 2 years. Then his family can stay the course and he can see this through, and all he really loses is 2 million in the next 2 years which he makes up quickly at the next stop.

In our conference he is VERY likely to be at hero status inside of 24 months and then he is picking his spot.

I wouldn't blame him if he takes the chance and goes, but I hope he stays. I really like the guy, love his energy and enthusiasm, hope it someone rubs off on our fans eventually. I also think he is good at what he does and is also a good person - and that matters. None of that changes if he leaves, I just hope he doesn't.

Pony Up and beat UCSB!!
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Basically if reports are true we are offering to make him the highest paid G5 Coach in the Country-(but I know "SMU isn't really trying to compete")
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Stallion wrote:Basically if reports are true we are offering to make him the highest paid G5 Coach in the Country-(but I know "SMU isn't really trying to compete")

Who else was higher before other than Herman?
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Stallion wrote:Basically if reports are true we are offering to make him the highest paid G5 Coach in the Country-(but I know "SMU isn't really trying to compete")

Right, just trying to save face. But this is probably more COC than RGT. I guess he could take the raise and continue to be slow played on the IPF etc.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Next

Return to Football