PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Channel 5 KXAS says he's Accepted Offer From Baylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Channel 5 KXAS says he's Accepted Offer From Baylor

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Topper wrote:Quite simply, if we want to keep the big conference schools from poaching our coaches we have to pay them the same kind of money.

Among other things
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony81 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 pm

If Chad thinks A&M are coiming after losing BU coach to beat Sabin and Alabama he is sorely mistaken. A&M wants and needs professional help to get them to win in the SEC West.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby PonyKris89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:29 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Arkpony wrote:He is making a mistake going to Baylor.

Big pay bump, better conference, better fanbase, better facilities so why exactly is he making a mistake by going to Baylor?

I guess you did not watch the 60 Minutes piece on the Baylor Rape Coverup scandal...
I do not know how you would voluntarily go to that Craphole, Unless something is seriously wrong with you... some of the culprits are STILL in power there.
I would not trust anyone in that administration.
I hope he enjoys losing... I guess he got a good taste of it at SMU and decided he wants more losses because that is all I see for him at Baylor. Big Mistake Chad.
Last edited by PonyKris89 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby PonyKris89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Love it how Chad leaks that he's "torn" because of facilities and attendance. At least June had a bowl win or two plus wins over tcu and the defending conf champ when he went gangsta on attendance

EXACTLY!! June had actually had some success
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:38 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:I guess you did not watch the 60 Minutes piece on the Baylor Rape Coverup scandal...
I do not know how you would voluntarily go to that Craphole... some of the culprits are STILL in power there. Unless something is seriously wrong with you.

Big pay bump, better conference, better fanbase, better facilities. Does he need any more than that?
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby smitty329 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Topper wrote: No SMU head coach is ever going to be the center of attention in this town given the media attention that chews up the airwaves with pro sports.

He was the number 2 feature on tonight's newscast after the cowboys/redskins preview.
smitty329
All-American

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:48 pm

smitty329 wrote:He was the number 2 feature on tonight's newscast after the cowboys/redskins preview.

Has that happened when he wasn't rumored to be taking another job?

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:02 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Arkpony wrote:He is making a mistake going to Baylor.

Big pay bump, better conference, better fanbase, better facilities so why exactly is he making a mistake by going to Baylor?

Cuzz PF says so
One Trick Pony

Postby peruna81 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:55 pm

mrydel wrote:These are the same guys that reported it done yesterday after which Baylor said they have not contacted any coach directly or through a 3rd party and would not do so until after the season.

Looks like it is a done deal but I do not expect any verification until Saturday night or Sunday.

I just hope we are ready to be proactive in a new hire.

Mark, I;m not sure I would believe ANYTHING Baylor admin puts out to media...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony81 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Where ther is smoke there is fire. BU admin aren't going to jeopardize their hire. This song and dance happens during every coaching change. Folks mislead , others get their feelings hurt .... Then the change happens, life goes on and the world turns.

No, we have to get our head around our situation, either hire a guy whose made his money and isn't looking for a new stone to step on, or keep spinning the coaching carrousel with up and comers looking for their next, bigger gig.I'll take the latter as long as they leave us in a better place than they found us. Chad did. Next.

Frankly there are only 10-12 destination jobs out there. those are filled from other P5 jobs or the pros. So P5 schools get poached as well.

But in 10 years, as the TV money drains away, you will see less of a gap between the G5 and P5. And less of a gap among the P5. Thus you will see less coach poaching . You can't blame a guy for doubling his salary.
Though doubling it to go to Gomorrah is a bit rich.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Pony81 wrote:If Chad thinks A&M are coiming after losing BU coach to beat Sabin and Alabama he is sorely mistaken. A&M wants and needs professional help to get them to win in the SEC West.

Bottom line is a lot of SMU fans are saying he should stay at SMU and wait for the A&M job to open up but who says that A&M would hire him if the job happened to come open. He is striking while the iron is hot if he takes the Baylor job. Nothing wrong with that.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby jimhagle » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Pony81 wrote:If Chad thinks A&M are coiming after losing BU coach to beat Sabin and Alabama he is sorely mistaken. A&M wants and needs professional help to get them to win in the SEC West.

Bottom line is a lot of SMU fans are saying he should stay at SMU and wait for the A&M job to open up but who says that A&M would hire him if the job happened to come open. He is striking while the iron is hot if he takes the Baylor job. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, the iron is hot at Baylor and it isn't a good hot either.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:55 pm

I don't know how any coach can feel good about accepting a job at baylor.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:14 am

jimhagle wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

Yes, the iron is hot at Baylor and it isn't a good hot either.

And it is not good here either. He could possibly get more overall support at Baylor than he ever could get at SMU. I think you are just a little upset because your prediction that no way Morris would go to might be wrong. And he probably has out clauses in his contract.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonyKris89 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:59 am

I think Morris has a much better chance of getting the HC job at Aggie if he stays the course at SMU.

Unless of course TAMU fires Sumlin after LSU,
and even then, I suppose he has a chance.
But much better chance if he were to take SMU to new heights next season.

He should take the SMU raise that is on the table and keep his eye on the big prize, Aggie
PonyKris89
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football