PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

After the Baylor game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

After the Baylor game

Postby Mustangsabu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:03 pm

After we played down in Waco, Chad was asked if he viewed the game as a job interview for the Baylor HC job. He answered less than emphatically, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Then when Baylor's season takes the downward turn (that we all expected) Chad decides to have a Teal Game to bring attention to sexual assault and I knew. That right there was for Baylor's benefit not ours.

Chad Morris had no interest in being here long. And next season we will know what shape he left us in. For those of you who still think that Chad did right by our program, I would ask you to wait until we see what recruits we keep, what staff we have next year, how they recruit and what players choose to transfer.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: After the Baylor game

Postby SMUer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:12 pm

It's one thing to keep replacing coaches every few years after 8+ win seasons...it's another to leave us in the beginning stages of the re-build, with only one class under our belt. If he takes our top recruits from this class, how much of a "blessing" was he really? And how many times can we make slash-hires when every leaving coach publically cites issues with our administration? This sort of stuff is ruinous to our feeble program.
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
Chad Morris had no interest in being here long. And next season we will know what shape he left us in. For those of you who still think that Chad did right by our program, I would ask you to wait until we see what recruits we keep, what staff we have next year, how they recruit and what players choose to transfer.

He'll take whatever staff and recruits he wants, not too worried about transfers though. We'll be fine.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Comet » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:After we played down in Waco, Chad was asked if he viewed the game as a job interview for the Baylor HC job. He answered less than emphatically, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Then when Baylor's season takes the downward turn (that we all expected) Chad decides to have a Teal Game to bring attention to sexual assault and I knew. That right there was for Baylor's benefit not ours.

Can you explain what you mean by the Teal Game?
Comet
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony in SA » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:05 pm

There were discussions thru channels with his people and Herman's people in the summer well before this, and when Texas was reaching out to Herman to gauge interest Baylor knew they could not outbid Texas and focused elsewhere. This is not a recent thing.
Pony in SA
All-American

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:12 pm

"So a head football coach will change the attitudes of an entire university administration, an entire athletic department, erase a 20-year history of turning a blind eye to victims of violent aggressive crimes and quickly turn it into a wholesome family environment, all before Sumlin's position opens up. That's June Jones-level hubris right there." - SMUer

Mustangsabu, solid post. We SHOULD revisit in a year, maybe in 10 weeks. I also wanted to include SMUer's post as well to this thread.

CM = Todd Graham = Loser
SoCal_Pony

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:30 pm

He also has a 88–54 lifetime record at 4 second or third level schools and has taken his teams to bowls almost every year-98% of Coaches are mercenaries-I shed my last tear on Coaches leaving decades ago
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby StallionsModelT » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:36 pm

1) Chuck Strong
2) Lincoln Riley
3) Tim Beck
4) Val Malone
5) Doug Meachum
6) Philip Montgomery
7) Ed Orgeron
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby RI Stang » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:39 pm

I would add Lane Kiffin to that list if he has any interest
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Nacho » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:41 pm

chad wants to stay in texas. tamu (his alma mater) obviously told him no even though they have to get rid of sumlin. ut was not going to hire him on his feeble hc record. so in his mind he took the best available fbs school. tt is apparently going to keep coach bro or try to go bigger time hc. tcu-no way.
Nacho

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:42 pm

RI Stang wrote:I would add Lane Kiffin to that list if he has any interest

Hell no.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Very true, Stallion, and I agree. I would even be supportive of him had he left for the Aggies job or virtually any other.

Baylor is a cesspool littered with hypocrisy. I suppose Starr, Briles and Morris are 'good Christian men'. I hope he and Baylor fail spectacularly. Sounds like they were meant for each other.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:57 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:Very true, Stallion, and I agree. I would even be supportive of him had he left for the Aggies job or virtually any other.

Baylor is a cesspool littered with hypocrisy. I suppose Starr, Briles and Morris are 'good Christian men'. I hope he and Baylor fail spectacularly. Sounds like they were meant for each other.

Morris leaving isn't the problem - going to Baylor is the problem. If he does go to Baylor, I'm with SoCal.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby ponyinNC » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:15 pm

IF HE GOES TO BAYLOR, HE IS A FRAUD AND I SAY F_CK YOU CHAD MORRIS
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Comet wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote:After we played down in Waco, Chad was asked if he viewed the game as a job interview for the Baylor HC job. He answered less than emphatically, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Then when Baylor's season takes the downward turn (that we all expected) Chad decides to have a Teal Game to bring attention to sexual assault and I knew. That right there was for Baylor's benefit not ours.

Can you explain what you mean by the Teal Game?

I mean last weeks game against USF which was dedicated highlighting sexual violence. Apparently the color assigned to that message (like pink for cancer) is teal. Of course I am all in favor of highlighting such a social ill, but I was not thrilled that we chose the exact social ill that was the root of Baylor's problems. I mean why the heck isn't Baylor having a teal game???
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football