PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wouldn't Integrity dictate this?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Wouldn't Integrity dictate this?

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
Arkpony wrote:Paul Finebaum on ESPN wondered why anyone would want to go coach at Baylor now as it's problems are not going away for quite awhile.

Apparently Finebaum is not familiar with SMU.

He actually was talking about SMU today in reference to Herman and the Houston game.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TidePony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Finebaum's very aware of SMU
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:04 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
Arkpony wrote:Paul Finebaum on ESPN wondered why anyone would want to go coach at Baylor now as it's problems are not going away for quite awhile.

Apparently Finebaum is not familiar with SMU.

He actually was talking about SMU today in reference to Herman and the Houston game.

He may have been talking about SMU but he is not as familiar with the issues here as he thinks. He just needs to continue to be a Bama suck up.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Rebel10 wrote:He just needs to continue to be a Bama suck up.

Well not gonna argue that!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PonyKris89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:39 pm

He leaves now, and leaves alone the recruits that he has received verbals on, then I am good.

I will still wish him failure at Baylor, anywhere else, and I am good.., but he is leaving way too soon. If he harpoons SMU's recruiting class, then that is just flat out
wrong in my book.

If SMU powers that be know he is gone, then i would think they need to demand he resign immediately. I don't want him around SMU players.. and who knows,
is there anyway we can get his replacement before the quiet period ends? ...and what day does the quiet period end? It would be nice to have a coach that will fight
to keep our committed recruits.. I would assume he will be taking a lot of our coaches with him.

I don't trust him a bit in staying away from our recruits. But who knows, maybe we catch him making calls
before the quiet period is over... THAT would be glorious, sending him away with recruiting infractions!!

I still cannot believe this is happening AT THIS TIME, he must be really pissed or really greedy!!
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Well even if he takes a good majority from our recruiting class, we should get from the new coach coming in class assuming we hire a good recruiting coach.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:56 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:He leaves now, and leaves alone the recruits that he has received verbals on, then I am good.

Those recruits haven't bound themselves to SMU so they're fair game for Chad or anyone else.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby PonyKris89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:13 pm

sbsmith wrote:
PonyKris89 wrote:He leaves now, and leaves alone the recruits that he has received verbals on, then I am good.

Those recruits haven't bound themselves to SMU so they're fair game for Chad or anyone else.

Yes, even I KNOW that, but what we do not want to see is a majority of our class going to Baylor, and we end up with all of 3 recruits like Baylor had last I checked a few weeks ago.

Bottom line, if he is gone, we need him gone tomorrow, and we do damage control and hiring as best as we can, and defend our recruiting list.

I think he is a sorry sonofabich for pulling this one on us now.

It's really funny,

BAYLOR COMMITS THE ATROCITIES AND SMU GETS PUNISHED FOR IT.... I LOVE HAVING MY NUTS KICKED

kinda reminds me of Jerry Tarkanian's assessment of the justice of the NCAA...
Kentucky cheats so we better put Cleveland State on probation
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:45 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:
Yes, even I KNOW that, but what we do not want to see is a majority of our class going to Baylor, and we end up with all of 3 recruits like Baylor had last I checked a few weeks ago.

Bottom line, if he is gone, we need him gone tomorrow, and we do damage control and hiring as best as we can, and defend our recruiting list.

It's CM's recruiting list for all intents and purposes. I'd love it if they all pledged their undying allegiance to SMU but the reality is that CM will take what he wants and anyone else with options will open up their recruitment so if the new guy wants them then he'll have to re-recruit them.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Yes Baylor has some challenges ahead, but so did Penn State.

Tell Finebaum there are $25 Million Reasons, better conference, better bowls, better fan support, better facilities, better athletic budget, and maybe he enjoys the challenge he will face at Baylor.

Looking at our abysmal attendance, quite frankly I sometimes wonder why anyone would want to come coach here at SMU.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:09 pm

How about you love coaching football, in a recruitment Valhalla to boot? Who plays/coaches exclusively for the fan support?!? Who honestly feels entitled to have full stadiums of fans watching you trip and bumble your way to a 2-10 record? Jesus, be thankful you still have 12K watch some of the crap we've seen trotted out over recent seasons.
SMUer

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:22 pm

If SMU wasn't repeatedly busting the NCAA pay scale for FB and BB we couldn't get anybody worth a damn to take this job. It is only a good job because of about 10 rich families cover up the pathetic fan base with out-of scale salaries and nice facilities. We are otherwise Rice without the success
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby redpony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
Looking at our abysmal attendance, quite frankly I sometimes wonder why anyone would want to come coach here at SMU. [/color]

this has been beaten to death. If you have a winning product that competes with known teams it will draw fans. i.e. basketball. we didn't start filling Moody until we had a winning team with national recognition and an engaged coach. Now it is the place for Dallasites to be and be seen.
The same can happen with football but the wins against teams that people care about must come first in order for the t-shirt fans and others to want to be at the games.
redpony

Postby PonyKris89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:28 pm

SMU has not earned better fan support.

TCU and Baylor had lacking fan support until they started winning.
We all know that SMU's alumni base is very small, much smaller than even TCU and Baylor.

We need winning and not just one season of it, and not barely skating into a bottom tier bowl with 6 wins BS. So if what we are hearing leaked out about
Morris' attendance concerns is true,
then it is
just disingenuous on his part, he has not had any extended success, so why he believes the crowds should be larger is beyond me.

Try not getting curb stomped in front of your own Home Coming crowd Chad!

This is all about greed, and not about doing what you set out to do.
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:45 pm

It's hard to believe you guys are turning on Chad for doing what almost every single one of you would do given the same dynamics.

Let say we hire Philip Montgomery away from Tulsa are you going to give a rats arse when and how Coach Montgomery tells his players that he is leaving for twice the salary, better facilities, better city?

Are you going to reject players he recruited at Tulsa when they change their mind and follow him to SMU?

Are you going to whine that Coach Montgomery is going back on his word and didn't finish his job at Tulsa?

Ha Ha...yeah sure!

Some of you guys live in a fantasy land bubble of how coaches at almost every program left behind another program to arrive where they are today.

Grow up and get a grip on reality.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football