PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

If we beat Navy

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

If we beat Navy

Postby Casey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Yes, "IF" is the key word there.

But if Saturday goes the right way and we beat Navy, thereby earning an invitation to a bowl game sometime next month, might Baylor decide that's too long to wait and turn its attention elsewhere in order to get a jump on recruiting, etc.?
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Re: If we beat Navy

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:34 pm

No SMU would have an interim Head Coach and at least 4-5 Coaches would remain under Cobtract
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:35 pm

I thought someone mentioned that the PITT coach made his move prior to a bowl game and the team went coachless against us in the BBVA game. I imagine Baylor/Chad will pull the trigger no matter what after the Navy game regardless of the results. They are buying him and his recruiting package.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:37 pm

No Pitt had about 4 Coaches stay behind. Assistant Coaches are under contract to SMU and not likely to have a buy-out clause
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Hey Stallion since you are on. Do you know if it's possible for Chad to accept the contract extension thereby increasing his buyout. Would Baylor pay the new buyout or would that be something not allowed under some contract law? I was thinking maybe Chad would do that to help us so we get more money from Baylor.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:46 pm

boy is that wishful thinking. chad is leaving and is obviously not happy here or he would not have been shopping himself. I doubt if he will do us any kind of favors. It is apparent that his enthusiasm for our university was just an act ala 'how to make friends and influence people' and had little sincerity to it.
redpony

Postby PonyKris89 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:24 pm

If he is gone, and yes, now I have to admit it does appear this A HOLE is gone, I hope they obtain his resignation immediately, before Saturday. Still cannot believe he
hates SMU so much that he would go to EFFING RAPIST U...

Trial by fire for the assistant coaches. and No EFFING punting on the Navy 40 damnit!
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Love your spirit kris, if you aren't with us you're against us. Need more pride around here, and yes screw baylor. I suggest giving Chad about 40 more hours to make this right. My guess is he will soul search and decide this with his family on thanksgiving. We'll see.
Hoop Fan

Postby redpony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:41 pm

soul search?? I suspect he will be calculating how much more money he will net,after taxes by shoving it to us and going to rape U. Heartless and deceiving person who shows just how much he really cares about his players and our school.
redpony

Postby RepublicanPNY » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:00 am

If CM is on the sideline we lose and I'm secretly happy. Sorry but I am.
Sent from my iPhone.
RepublicanPNY
Varsity

Postby RepublicanPNY » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:07 am

I love our seniors but I don't want the books to say he got us to a bowl in year 2 before leaving for Baylor. I'm normally not a hater but this situation is BS!
Sent from my iPhone.
RepublicanPNY
Varsity

Return to Football