PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I wonder if Ben Hicks and Courtland Sutton will follow HCCM

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: I wonder if Ben Hicks and Courtland Sutton will follow H

Postby footballdad » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:Ben Hicks is a pathetic QB that should have never been given a scholarship to play at SMU. Believe it or not, early in the season I actually wanted this guy to be successful at SMU. I was actually rooting for the kid. I know that is probably hard to believe. After watching every game this season it became all too painfully obvious that this kid is terrible!

If anyone watched today's game against Navy you would see once again what is blatantly obvious... He has no idea what he is doing at the QB position. He cannot read defenses. How many times did he throw into double or triple coverage? How many times did he stare down a receiver? How many times did he overthrow or even sometimes underthrow very makeable throws to sometimes open receivers. Pathetic and embarrassing. Let's don't act like the Navy defense played an incredible game. The Navy Offense was amazing, no doubt. The SMU Offense led by our QB Hicks was beyond poor. How many interceptions does Hicks have to throw for people to realize that Hicks is not a college QB? As I said earlier today, SMU deserves better.

But Stallion says he's getting better. Another one of those pick 6's that just completely turned the game, doesn't really matter. :lol:

And just imagine next year when he doesn't have a giant NFL receiver to bail him out on a ton of other wobbly ducks.
Last edited by footballdad on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:46 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
PoconoPony wrote:Forget about losing Hicks; much more worried about losing the Brewer boys.

What time Tomorrow does the bus leave for Waco?

Seems like someone from Waco called uhaul and asked them to tear up the credit card info they left for the deposit
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:51 pm

whether Chad leaves or not - i do think Hicks has played his last game as a starting SMU QB.
gostangs

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:53 pm

PonySnob wrote:Was this the most interceptions we've ever thrown that were returned for TD's in a season?

I think that was by Bo Levi.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonySnob » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:53 pm

gostangs wrote:whether Chad leaves or not - i do think Hicks has played his last game as a starting SMU QB.

Had to be a record setting season for SMU thrown interceptions returned for TD's?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Previous

Return to Football