PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I wonder if Ben Hicks and Courtland Sutton will follow HCCM

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: I wonder if Ben Hicks and Courtland Sutton will follow H

Postby Junior » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Ha! Wild Mustang got his chick stolen by Hicks for sure.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponypatrick » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Stallion wrote:Hey Wild Mustang

Hicks doesn't deserve that kind of crap as he is the major reason for SMU having a shot at a Bowl Game. He has improved as much as any player on the team with a little experience. He hasn't showed any disloyalty or said anything about transferring. He doesn't deserve that kind of cheap shot

+ 1 !!!!!
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:55 pm

The girlfriend posts are hilarious! They really are. I know that we are just having fun here. I recognize that everyone on here wants to handle Ben Hicks with baby gloves. I just flat out don't understand it. Hicks was a highly recruited kid out of High School, was Redshirted, and was given the opportunity to be our Starting QB, had more than his opportunity to show us that he was deserving of being our Starting QB. He failed almost every opportunity.

Did he improve? Maybe a little, but I would not say that I think he should be a Starting D1 QB, especially for my school. What other school would actually start Hicks? I didn't expect for Hicks to light the world on fire, but my personal expectations were a lot higher. If SMU had a serviceable QB that did not make mistakes to lose games... SMU could have won two, maybe three more games this season. Imagine if SMU had a leader, a winner, a QB able to make plays, a QB able to make his team better. Wow, that would be fun to watch! Who here would rather be sitting at W-L (7-3) instead of (5-5)?

So ask yourself where does Hicks stack up when compared to other QBs in the AAC. I would take almost any other QB in the AAC over Hicks. Give me the QB at Temple, Tulsa, Either QB at East Carolina, South Florida, even Memphis. The way Hicks has consistently lost games for us is embarrassing. Hicks is responsible for most if not all of our losses. Off the top of my head... loses to Baylor, Temple, Memphis, Tulsa, South Florida. SMU deserves better.

I have only one question for everyone. How many games do you think Hicks lost for our team?
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Do you have a photo of that girlfriend?
One Trick Pony

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:04 pm

I actually took Ben Hicks's girl first and then Hicks took mine. I saw it as an upgrade. You definitely do not want to see a picture of that girlfriend. I would say that I got the better end of that deal :)
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Wow so this was all serious - awesome
One Trick Pony

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Very, very serious :)
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Haha
One Trick Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:The girlfriend posts are hilarious! They really are. I know that we are just having fun here. I recognize that everyone on here wants to handle Ben Hicks with baby gloves. I just flat out don't understand it. Hicks was a highly recruited kid out of High School, was Redshirted, and was given the opportunity to be our Starting QB, had more than his opportunity to show us that he was deserving of being our Starting QB. He failed almost every opportunity.

Did he improve? Maybe a little, but I would not say that I think he should be a Starting D1 QB, especially for my school. What other school would actually start Hicks? I didn't expect for Hicks to light the world on fire, but my personal expectations were a lot higher. If SMU had a serviceable QB that did not make mistakes to lose games... SMU could have won two, maybe three more games this season. Imagine if SMU had a leader, a winner, a QB able to make plays, a QB able to make his team better. Wow, that would be fun to watch! Who here would rather be sitting at W-L (7-3) instead of (5-5)?

So ask yourself where does Hicks stack up when compared to other QBs in the AAC. I would take almost any other QB in the AAC over Hicks. Give me the QB at Temple, Tulsa, Either QB at East Carolina, South Florida, even Memphis. The way Hicks has consistently lost games for us is embarrassing. Hicks is responsible for most if not all of our losses. Off the top of my head... loses to Baylor, Temple, Memphis, Tulsa, South Florida. SMU deserves better.

I have only one question for everyone. How many games do you think Hicks lost for our team?

We did not have a QB on the roster this year that was going to take this team bowling. Nobody ever said Hicks was their dream QB. The point is that he has improved as much as anyone on this team and in large part because of that, this team has already won 5 games which is beyond what most rational Pony Fans could have expected for this season. If you have watched our games and witnessed our patchwork OL, gimpy RB stable and WRs who have dropped several catchable balls...not to mention the tremendous disadvantage this team has had to overcome with field position thanks to the worst special teams units in the AAC, if not the country...several of us just reacted to your criticism of Hicks as unfair. Because of his growth and experience he gained this season, he might just become a really good backup if he stays at SMU and exhausts his college eligibility here.
Charleston Pony

Postby Junior » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:00 pm

ponyinNC wrote:Darrel Colbert, is that you?

I doubt it. They would take a long time to type with only one good hand.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby PoconoPony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:03 pm

Forget about losing Hicks; much more worried about losing the Brewer boys.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:12 pm

PoconoPony wrote:Forget about losing Hicks; much more worried about losing the Brewer boys.

What time Tomorrow does the bus leave for Waco?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Hicks with a pick 6 into the teeth of the defense trying to make a liar out of me!
Charleston Pony

Postby Wild Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Ben Hicks is a pathetic QB that should have never been given a scholarship to play at SMU. Believe it or not, early in the season I actually wanted this guy to be successful at SMU. I was actually rooting for the kid. I know that is probably hard to believe. After watching every game this season it became all too painfully obvious that this kid is terrible!

If anyone watched today's game against Navy you would see once again what is blatantly obvious... He has no idea what he is doing at the QB position. He cannot read defenses. How many times did he throw into double or triple coverage? How many times did he stare down a receiver? How many times did he overthrow or even sometimes underthrow very makeable throws to sometimes open receivers. Pathetic and embarrassing. Let's don't act like the Navy defense played an incredible game. The Navy Offense was amazing, no doubt. The SMU Offense led by our QB Hicks was beyond poor. How many interceptions does Hicks have to throw for people to realize that Hicks is not a college QB? As I said earlier today, SMU deserves better.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Was this the most interceptions we've ever thrown that were returned for TD's in a season?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Football