PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Herman to LSU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Herman to LSU

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:18 pm

Haha, exactly. They're all strangely quiet, and it's nice.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Topper » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:39 am

UT may have more money than God but if Strong goes, my UT bigwig friends tell me, the interim AD and not so interested prez will insist on hiring a consulting firm and putting a blue ribbon panel in place to share the responsibility/blame/praise for the next HC. Puts them at a disadvantage when competing against other schools for available talent, but they believe that they are such a destination program that they can get pretty much who they want regardless.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby leopold » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:49 am

I will say that's thone of the main reasons LSU fired Miles so early - to get a jump on the competition. If so then good for them - they just possibly took the #1 pick away from the biggest, richest boy on the block.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:16 am

mrydel wrote:Texas could get Les Miles. He has always lacked a QB at LSU. There is one in place at UT.

Les Miles had QB's he just never could develop them. He had a good defensive mindset but a very conservative offensive mindset. Would not be a good choice for the horns.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:20 am

Chad Morris to UT? If Herman goes to LSU you have to wonder if UT would be looking at the second hottest coach in the country in HCCM. He knows Texas high school football better than anyone else.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Digetydog » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:07 am

Rebel10 wrote:Chad Morris to UT? If Herman goes to LSU you have to wonder if UT would be looking at the second hottest coach in the country in HCCM. He knows Texas high school football better than anyone else.

They really don't have anyone in charge there. They could end up with anyone.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:11 am

Rebel10 wrote:Chad Morris to UT? If Herman goes to LSU you have to wonder if UT would be looking at the second hottest coach in the country in HCCM. He knows Texas high school football better than anyone else.

I had the same thought. Bottom line is that Herman is bailing but just not sure where he goes at this point. He knows he's losing his offense (Ward) after this season at Houston so I could see LSU vs Texas, just based on "realistic" expectations there (knowing they are chasing Bama & Saban) rather than at Texas where they believe the roster is already in place to win the Big XII every year.
Charleston Pony

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:58 am

Rebel10 wrote:Les Miles had QB's he just never could develop them. He had a good defensive mindset but a very conservative offensive mindset. Would not be a good choice for the horns.

I agree with that...
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU89 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:42 am

With an ATM out clause.
SMU89

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:05 am

Stranger things have happened but I just cannot see a school who tries to lure Nick Saban from Alabama going after Chad Morris.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:09 am

mrydel wrote:Stranger things have happened but I just cannot see a school who tries to lure Nick Saban from Alabama going after Chad Morris.

Well you also did not think Chad would seriously entertain going to Baylor. Lol. Chad would kill it in recruiting at UT.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:25 am

Once again you distort facts. You are unbelievable. I said I trusted the word of OLEJACKETFAN or whatever his name is. Apparently I was wrong and I will readily admit that if Chad goes to Baylor. I never said Chad would not entertain a Baylor opportunity.

Sky is blue here with light wispy clouds. Want to dispute?
mrydel

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:39 am

mrydel wrote:Once again you distort facts. You are unbelievable. I said I trusted the word of OLEJACKETFAN or whatever his name is. Apparently I was wrong and I will readily admit that if Chad goes to Baylor. I never said Chad would not entertain a Baylor opportunity.

Sky is blue here with light wispy clouds. Want to dispute?

I stand corrected. Going to be an interesting 72 hours.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:43 am

Do you think they would try for Saban again?

You need to start being nice to me or I will take all my retirement funds and go to Hart and convince him to hire Houston Nutt.
mrydel

Postby SMUer » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:44 am

I don't think the average UT fan could wrap their head around hiring a guy who can get his team bowl-eligible in the American. How many wins over winning-record FBS teams does Morris have in two years? One. See? CM would definitely break their ideal coaching candidate mold.
SMUer

PreviousNext

Return to Football