PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Van Malone Tweet

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Van Malone Tweet

Postby 78pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:03 am

Montgomery is a good + coach but not the "face" of the program marketer, PR guy, baby-kissing, social animal/promoter that would be a most complimentary successor to Chad, IMHO.
78pony
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:03 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Not ready to give up on hoops just yet Mofos :mrgreen:

I agree. I do not think we are dead yet.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony81 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:05 am

No kidding. Hoops are fine. Jank is a good coach. KT is a great recruiter so we can chill for a year or two.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:07 am

CalallenStang wrote:High-priced assistants want to work for "name" coaches.

I didn't say high priced assistants but you can get some good assistants and save money imo. Anyway I hope we get Montgomery.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:08 am

Pony81 wrote:No kidding. Hoops are fine. Jank is a good coach. KT is a great recruiter so we can chill for a year or two.

You might be right about hoops be fine but you be wrong. Only time will tell.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby RepublicanPNY » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:12 am

The eyeball test isn't scoring too well. Our biggest loss is Nick Moore. We don't have a true point guard who can take the game by the balls and lead us to wins.
Sent from my iPhone.
RepublicanPNY
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:24 am

<-☆ When the grumpiest old pessimist attempts to lead by example bend over
One Trick Pony

Postby papawasamustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:30 am

You lose the 2 time AAC player of the year & other major contributors & its normal to take a step back unless you're Kentucky, Duke, etc. The good news is the team is still very good. I like the current talent & the incoming talent. Overreaction by many re: hoops is enjoyable.
Football needs serious help. Chad was never the answer.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:33 am

papawasamustang wrote:You lose the 2 time AAC player of the year & other major contributors & its normal to take a step back unless you're Kentucky, Duke, etc. The good news is the team is still very good. I like the current talent & the incoming talent. Overreaction by many re: hoops is enjoyable.

Do we have a Big Dance team or an NIT team in your opinion?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby No Quarter » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 am

Arkpony wrote:Chad isn't taking him with him to Rapist U.? That's not nice! But then we have seen how loyal Chad is.

I suppose CM will take some assistants with him. I doubt that a present assistant will be tapped to replace CM but the new HC may keep some. Others will get comparable or better jobs elsewhere and perhaps some hung out to dry

Bottom line: We may find out which, if any, criticisms of members of the present staff seen on ponyfans were well founded.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Fresno Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:39 am

Rebel10 wrote:
Fresno Mustang wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Malone really wanted be the head coach at SMU but SMU did not want him as head coach. He has to move on even though it will be tough emotionally.

He's been a d coordinator at a G5 school for 2 seasons he doesn't deserve the job based on the salary we are willing to pay and his current experience / body of work. Best of luck to him but pretty unprofessional to tweet that before senior day when we're trying to go to a bowl

We don't have to pay him high salary and could use the money saved on getting good asstitant coaches. Your post is stupid. But I am all in for Montgomery at this point.

My post is stupid? The idea of taking a flier on the d coordinator that gave up 50 to Memphis on homecoming in an attempt to get marginally better assistants is what's stupid.
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Postby papawasamustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:43 am

Rebel10 wrote:
papawasamustang wrote:You lose the 2 time AAC player of the year & other major contributors & its normal to take a step back unless you're Kentucky, Duke, etc. The good news is the team is still very good. I like the current talent & the incoming talent. Overreaction by many re: hoops is enjoyable.

The team has a lot of talent. They are a top 3-4 team in the AAC IMO, which will get them in the post season. This squad needs to learn how to W on the road, open up the style of play to best maximize their talent level, & they will be fine.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby photopony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:50 am

If he tweeted that it's gone now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
photopony
Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:52 am

papawasamustang wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

The team has a lot of talent. They are a top 3-4 team in the AAC IMO, which will get them in the post season. This squad needs to learn how to W on the road, open up the style of play to best maximize their talent level, & they will be fine.

I am asking which post season NCAA or NIT?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:06 pm

mrydel wrote:

I agree. I do not think we are dead yet.

This!

I've maintained all along that we don't hit our stride until February. Let's hope we can stay healthy and not burn out the starters. It's weird: The NCAA tourney ban is like a smack in the chops but the scholarship restrictions are the silent killer.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

PreviousNext

Return to Football