PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who the hell is Scott Bilo...I like him already.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who the hell is Scott Bilo...I like him already.

Postby gostangs » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:33 pm

for what its worth - i heard this also before the game. Combo of Baylor balking at chads list of "musts", SMU upping the salary a bit and Chad getting cold feet on the trash dump that is Baylor football right now.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Mountain Mustang wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:
RepublicanPNY wrote:Is the news of Chad possibly staying a good thing?

Not as bad as ASU fiasco but not good at all!

What recruits would want to commit to a coach that tried to bail and could not do it and will bail next year if possible.

Tried to bail and couldn't?? What an asinine supposition. If this works out and HCCM stays then it would seemingly be because they offered but he didn't want it. I don't blame Morris for listening if he did, $25mil and P5 would make you listen, even if it is in Waco. I'm hopeful because I like him for us.

I believe he offered his contract and Baylor did not accept it especially when Fedora came into the picture. So you have an incorrect assumption.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Mountain Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:56 pm

What seems more likely to you? your hypothesis that Chad Morris offered Baylor or that Baylor pursued and CM ultimately rejected them. Maybe if this comes true it was never as bad as you painted the picture to be. He was never out the door, and you and others on this site just worked each other up into a frenzy. Maybe
Here's to those that wish us well and all the rest can go to hell!!!
Mountain Mustang
Varsity

Postby 78pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:58 pm

He's awesome for a half. Then as a real coach you have to make adjustments and keep the team fired up. Chad then totally blows up. Game, set and match over. You can only recruit over so much poor coaching.
78pony
Heisman

Postby 78pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:59 pm

He's awesome for a half. Then as a real coach you have to make adjustments and keep the team fired up. Chad then totally blows up. Game, set and match over. You can only recruit over so much poor coaching.
78pony
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Mountain Mustang wrote:What seems more likely to you? your hypothesis that Chad Morris offered Baylor or that Baylor pursued and CM ultimately rejected them. Maybe if this comes true it was never as bad as you painted the picture to be. He was never out the door, and you and others on this site just worked each other up into a frenzy. Maybe

As stated by many he had a list of demands for Baylor. And as Hoopmanx has stared he reached out to them a while back.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Mountain Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:06 pm

By many...on this site. This is all second hand speculation and fear mongering. Then again, it's possible that this report is wrong and he's still gone. The truth will come out and then we will see where we are when the dust settles. Amazing how you were so sure this was a done deal a few hours ago and now you're back pedaling. Just wait and see.
Mountain Mustang
Varsity

Postby Big Hoss » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:07 pm

78pony wrote:He's awesome for a half. Then as a real coach you have to make adjustments and keep the team fired up. Chad then totally blows up. Game, set and match over. You can only recruit over so much poor coaching.

How much of that can also be chalked up to lack of depth? It's not like June left the cupboard chocked full of a ton of great players at this level. We are playing a lot of freshmen and sophomores, plus our starting QB went down in game 1. I really don't think our performance can all just be chalked up to Chad not making the right adjustments at halftime.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Like I said when Fedora stepped into the picture things changed and then I am sure Baylor people saw this disaster of a game. Also, I guess the teal games wasn't to impress Baylor. If he goes he goes, I personally like him and like his enthusiasm.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Mountain Mustang » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Like I said when Fedora stepped into the picture things changed and then I am sure Baylor people saw this disaster of a game. Also, I guess the teal games wasn't to impress Baylor. If he goes he goes, I personally like him and like his enthusiasm.

Now you're assuming that things changed because we played a bad second half. Again asinine. We lost to a team that we are supposed to lose to and played a solid first half. The second half didn't cost him the Baylor job; we still exceeded a lot of expectations and are on a good track. Put it this way, if Baylor moved away from CM because of his second half against Navy then they're even bigger [deleted] than I gave them credit for. Much more likely that CM gave crazy high demands to ensure a perfect situation and said if they give me all this then I'd go, but maybe not expecting it. We will see.
Mountain Mustang
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Seems pretty obvious Chad overplayed his hand, which to be fair, is exactly what he should have done since he had all the leverage.

Obviously, Baylor couldn't go that far, so Chad will stay at SMU and get a nice healthy raise and maybe even a shovel in the ground on an IPF out of the whole ordeal.

We will win 8 or 9 next year and Chad will get a much better gig than Baylor out of it, and both SMU and Chad will be better for it.

Can't wait for 2017.

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Fordora came into the picture as well. I hope he stays because I don't think that
most Baylor fans would be to hot on him after what happened today. Now go back to drinking your moonshine in Sapphire. Just don't do it too much because you can get lead poisoning from moonshine.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:30 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Seems pretty obvious Chad overplayed his hand, which to be fair, is exactly what he should have done since he had all the leverage.

Obviously, Baylor couldn't go that far, so Chad will stay at SMU and get a nice healthy raise and maybe even a shovel in the ground on an IPF out of the whole ordeal.

We will win 8 or 9 next year and Chad will get a much better gig than Baylor out of it, and both SMU and Chad will be better for it.

Can't wait for 2017.

Go Ponies!

So you are saying that Chad has one foot out the door next year? How will recruits react to him being here for just one more year?
Last edited by Rebel10 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Seems pretty obvious Chad overplayed his hand, which to be fair, is exactly what he should have done since he had all the leverage.

Can't wait for 2017.

Go Ponies!

So you are saying that Chad has one foot out the door? How will recruits reaction to him being here for just one more year.

We will see. Still much better players than we have seen around here in years!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:34 pm

I don't think we have ever had a situation where even the fans are saying to in the upcoming classes that 8 or 9 wins and he is gone. And I agree that he may have overplayed his but whatever.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football