PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I'm confused...damned if we do...damned if we don't?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: I'm confused...damned if we do...damned if we don't?

Postby ponypatrick » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Comet wrote:It's as if your girl has been flirting and emotionally cheating on you but didn't have the balls to close the deal and physically cheat. She gets caught and comes back. Promises to commit but the trust is broken. We may enjoy a few good moments in the future but this relationship now has an expiration date and all parties are aware of it. The magic and good vibes are gone and now it's almost best to rid yourself of the girl and focus on yourself.

Ahem, what was this about again?

EXACTLY !
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby Comet » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:47 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:Man, so much of this is "June to ASU, 2.0". I said it then, and I say it now, coaches have the right to look into jobs. Would I be glad if Chad continues with SMU? You bet. Would we be fine if he left? Absolutely.

All of these analogies to cheating wives is just funny. HCCM and his staff have given 110% to make SMU a better program and it is. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment.

I get what you're saying, the lamentable fact is that all of this negotiation crap is so public (even via "leaks"). If it wasn't it wouldn't feel as sleazy as it does.
Comet
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Comet wrote:It's as if your girl has been flirting and emotionally cheating on you but didn't have the balls to close the deal and physically cheat. She gets caught and comes back. Promises to commit but the trust is broken. We may enjoy a few good moments in the future but this relationship now has an expiration date and all parties are aware of it. The magic and good vibes are gone and now it's almost best to rid yourself of the girl and focus on yourself.

Ahem, what was this about again?

Could you please define emotional cheating
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:18 pm

ponypatrick wrote:
PonyUp_62 wrote:Honestly, after this sh-it show of a week I want him gone. Players see what has happened here, and I don't think it will go over well with recruits.. Maybe I'm just feeling the pain of the Navy, but if he stays he better make some serious amends...

My feelings exactly ! HCCM = used car salesman *

* my intent is not to demean this profession

^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the greats of all time. He either suckers Baylor into a 20-25 million payday, or twists SMU's arm into an apparent pay raise, off a 7-17 record and 75 point year ending debacle.

Damn this guy is good, have to give him credit. As the old saying goes......their's a sucker born every minute.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby TidePony » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Baylor friends at church want absolutely nothing to do with Chad Morris. Some even emailed their AD and let them know they would cancel their season tickets If Chad was selected. They want "The Madhatter" Les Miles.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:18 pm

TidePony wrote:Baylor friends at church want absolutely nothing to do with Chad Morris. Some even emailed their AD and let them know they would cancel their season tickets If Chad was selected. They want "The Madhatter" Les Miles.

Told my friends no take backs
smupony94

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:03 pm

How do you feel about "make-up sex"?
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby gostangs » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:10 pm

If he stays i don't think he (or we) are very damaged at all actually. Most people and players are mature enough to realize this is a business, and if someone can double their salary and move up a notch in conference then they would do so - or at least seriously look into it (even if they know they are going to have to work through a bunch of issues to get to the other side).
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:14 pm

TCU has had to deal with this 6-7 times first with Franchione and then with Patterson-they somehow survived
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby fmced » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:26 pm

You guys do realize that none of this, other Baylor being interested in Chad, has been in DMN. DMN is still where 80% of rank & file get their SMU news. Internet chat rooms are the only places CM's dalliance has been public.
fmced
Recruit

Postby SMUer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:47 pm

How long before there is a legal issue to go along with these leaks, after some booster feels this news bummed out the players and it cost them the big game vs. State?
SMUer

Postby PoconoPony » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:25 pm

After the JJ fiasco with ASU; did JJ give up recruiting and/or did recruits give up on SMU not knowing what JJ would be doing????
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:45 pm

Jj did not recruit. Period
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby SMUer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:06 pm

He watched a lot of tapes that recruits sent him in the mail though...
SMUer

Postby mustangxc » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:27 pm

PoconoPony wrote:After the JJ fiasco with ASU; did JJ give up recruiting and/or did recruits give up on SMU not knowing what JJ would be doing????

Klemm left for UCLA that offseason and that is when we lost most of the big-time prospects including Gabe Marks.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Football