PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

David Moore to CM

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

David Moore to CM

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:02 pm

You are a HYPOCRITE
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: David Moore to CM

Postby peruna81 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:06 pm

I may be a bit dull here...Who is David Moore?
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:08 pm

The DMN guy?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:10 pm

QB CM recruited who for most of last year was committed to SMU.

CM had 1 condition; look at another school and we yank the offer.
Last edited by SoCal_Pony on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:14 pm

CM gave some BS lines about 'integrity', 'commitment' and 'being true to one's word'.
SoCal_Pony

Postby mustangxc » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:16 pm

https://twitter.com/david_moore5?lang=en

It is not on his twitter page.
Last edited by mustangxc on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mustangxc

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:18 pm

That's assuming that Chad actually was looking/communicating/dealing with other schools. I don't think he can really tell his agent: don't work. However, if he did do such things, then yes, he's a hypocrite.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:18 pm

He demanded that commitment from the QB position, the so called Leader of the team.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:24 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:That's assuming that Chad actually was looking/communicating/dealing with other schools. I don't think he can really tell his agent: don't work. However, if he did do such things, then yes, he's a hypocrite.

So you think if David Moore's dad was visiting other schools at the request of the kid, some of which went public, CM would have been OK with that? I find that laughable.

I'm not saying CM or any HC shouldn't look for other opportunities. But telling a high school kid he can't look, given what has transpired, completely exposes CM as a HYPOCRITE.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:30 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:That's assuming that Chad actually was looking/communicating/dealing with other schools. I don't think he can really tell his agent: don't work. However, if he did do such things, then yes, he's a hypocrite.

So you think if David Moore's dad was visiting other schools at the request of the kid, some of which went public, CM would have been OK with that? I find that laughable.

I'm not saying CM or any HC shouldn't look for other opportunities. But telling a high school kid he can't look, given what has transpired, completely exposes CM as a HYPOCRITE.

Well again, just my opinion, but if his Dad is going around visiting schools and seeing what out there for him, I don't really see anything wrong with that. The kid, in this example, is not showing commitment or real interest in that school. I'm just hoping that CM's agent was like "Hey bud, I got an offer from Baylor for $XX mm for 5 years, Any interest?" I'm hoping CM said, nope. If that isn't the case, then again, I totally agree with hypocrisy.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33 am

I have to disagree with you here SoCal. All Morris, or many coaches say is that when you commit you take no other visits. The way to keep visiting is simply not to commit. Especially at QB when a school will usually take no more than one per year.

Now Chad leaving SMU is certainly not honoring his commitment but it is more analogous to a player transferring after being at the school which happens all the time.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:16 am

Do you try to flip people committed to other schools or did Hickd decommit from UH on his own and explore his options? It's fine to have rules.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby ponypatrick » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:26 pm

tristatecoog wrote:Do you try to flip people committed to other schools or did Hickd decommit from UH on his own and explore his options? It's fine to have rules.

Great point ! HCCM wants to have it both ways. That is not true integrity in my book ! At this point ,
I'm fine with him moving on.
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby smitty329 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:00 pm

ponypatrick wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:Do you try to flip people committed to other schools or did Hickd decommit from UH on his own and explore his options? It's fine to have rules.

Great point ! HCCM wants to have it both ways. That is not true integrity in my book ! At this point , I'm fine with him moving on.

Integrity in Collegiate Athletics? Since major issues have occurred at even the top Catholic, Baptist, and yes, Methodist institutions, it is time for the almighty (NCAA?) to either send us his son (not sure who that would be) to be our teacher, example, and redeemer, or speak to Noah (again looking for suggestions) before the flood. In-tegrity - Ha!!
smitty329
All-American

Return to Football