PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bradley Dale Peveto

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bradley Dale Peveto

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:38 am

Just heard that Coach Peveto (SMU 1987) was recently dismissed as ST/LB coach at LSU. Might be worthwhile to speak with seeing that we are lacking just a bit in the ST area.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Bradley Dale Peveto

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:46 am

mrydel wrote:Just heard that Coach Peveto (SMU 1987) was recently dismissed as ST/LB coach at LSU. Might be worthwhile to speak with seeing that we are lacking just a bit in the ST area.

Maybe he has some friends he could bring with him.
Bergermeister

Postby birddogger » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:08 am

BDP is a great recruiter, but not a good ST coach. LSU's ST play has been way below average during his tenure there, but they had to put him somewhere. He was widely viewed as a Miles crony If we need a great recruiter, then perhaps we could live with his mediocrity.

Take a look at the LSU board. Hundreds are rejoicing his departure.
birddogger
All-American

Postby MustangBob » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:55 am

Good god no!!! As a Pony fan/alumni from Louisiana I follow LSU football very closely and saw the wreck created by Les Miles and BDP. As defensive coordinator BDP oversaw the biggest decline in LSU defense in the last two decades. As special teams coach his units allowed more return yards and missed more field goals than witnessed since the dark days of Coach Curly Hallman. People talk about him being a great recruiter - not one of his recruits would have passed on LSU if BDP wasn't involved. LSU fans are over joyed that he is gone and for good reason so please don't bring him to SMU, Like Les Miles he's a nice man but the game at the college level has totally passed him by.
MustangBob

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:09 pm

I guess you guys are right even though he was part of a National Championship coaching staff and the LSU record was 59-19 while he was there.

We just need to master kicking off our of bounds.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smupony94 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:31 pm

Did anyone ask Chad if that kick off to the 45 was on purpose?
smupony94

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:25 pm

MustangBob wrote:Good god no!!! As a Pony fan/alumni from Louisiana I follow LSU football very closely and saw the wreck created by Les Miles and BDP. As defensive coordinator BDP oversaw the biggest decline in LSU defense in the last two decades. As special teams coach his units allowed more return yards and missed more field goals than witnessed since the dark days of Coach Curly Hallman. People talk about him being a great recruiter - not one of his recruits would have passed on LSU if BDP wasn't involved. LSU fans are over joyed that he is gone and for good reason so please don't bring him to SMU, Like Les Miles he's a nice man but the game at the college level has totally passed him by.

Thanks for the info.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby MustangBob » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:31 am

mrydel wrote:I guess you guys are right even though he was part of a National Championship coaching staff and the LSU record was 59-19 while he was there.

We just need to master kicking off our of bounds.

The Les Miles coached teams from 2005 - 2016 won games and that national title in-spite of Les not because of him. BDP was actually fired from LSU after his DC debacle, he went on to Northwestern to be their HC and was fired four years later with a 14-30 record. Les hired him back at LSU to coach special teams and they have been underperforming (to put it nicely) ever since he took over.
MustangBob

Return to Football