PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Yo Baylor!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Yo Baylor!

Postby SMUstang07 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:20 pm

We are competing against Houston so I would rather the better coach go to Baylor at this point. However, that won't be the case as Houston is now the better job.
SMUstang07
Varsity

Postby HubbaHubba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:13 pm

SMUstang07 wrote:We are competing against Houston so I would rather the better coach go to Baylor at this point. However, that won't be the case as Houston is now the better job.

Heck, at this time Rice is a helluva better job.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:27 pm

I'd rather Houston get the better coach. I want our conference to be as strong as possible. I also think that we are competing for recruits with Houston as well as Baylor and if we ever get to the point where we are as good or better than Houston and Baylor we will have an easier time edging Houston due to the fact that we are in the same conference and are the superior academic institution whereas Baylor has good academics and offers P5 affiliation to edge us.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby leopold » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Rumor is Baylor is talking to Miles. They need to throw the bank at him and then go after the SHSU coach if that doesn't work out. They are running out of time and options.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:00 pm

They are beginning to realize they might be lucky to get Sonny Dykes. If Miles was No. 1 choice what have they been waiting for. Should have been hired last weekend if he was No. 1 so they could be out there recruiting for last week. Chad Morris was No. 1 pick and they are scrambling
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby smupony94 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Typical pessimistic 94, I want to hear something from Chad before I rule out Baylor
smupony94

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:51 pm

smupony94 wrote:Typical pessimistic 94, I want to hear something from Chad before I rule out Baylor

right there with you. My fear is that Baylor will realize the challenge they have and come back to Chad offering whatever he wants
Charleston Pony

Postby leopold » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Stallion wrote:They are beginning to realize they might be lucky to get Sonny Dykes. If Miles was No. 1 choice what have they been waiting for. Should have been hired last weekend if he was No. 1 so they could be out there recruiting for last week. Chad Morris was No. 1 pick and they are scrambling

Obviously he wasn't their #1. But they took a chance on a coach who is a better fit and it didn't work out.

If Miles wants to coach again he might think about that job. I don't know what happened to him and Purdue but that's the type of job he's going to be looked at for - he's damaged goods now to some extant, too.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BIGHORSE » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Bennett may be their only choice. :wink:
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm

No one seems to know jack on Baylor forum
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby smupony94 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:39 pm

@smervosh 10m10 minutes ago
ICYMI: Sex assault scandal could cost @Baylor as much as $223 million

smupony94

Postby Sewanee Stang » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 pm

I wonder if there is a way to calculate the cost of the damage to the Baylor University reputation. Tough to put a price tag on that.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby peruna81 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Sewanee Stang wrote:I wonder if there is a way to calculate the cost of the damage to the Baylor University reputation. Tough to put a price tag on that.

I mentioned here in another thread that we have a Baylor alum that has been asked to place her name in the "pool" to become a regent. She bleeds Green and Gold...yeah, that type. She has integrity, and is the mom of a current player for Baylor. Both of her older sons are Baylor students. She would be an excellent choice, IMO.

She has a daughter that is a senior here at Navasota High School, and told me this past week she would not send her daughter to Baylor...she deems it that out of control.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU89 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Sewanee Stang wrote:I wonder if there is a way to calculate the cost of the damage to the Baylor University reputation. Tough to put a price tag on that.

The spike to Waco economy...if those payees stay

Go long Cracker Barrel
SMU89

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:38 am

I would short that Taco Bell.
smusic 00

Previous

Return to Football