PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Big 12 Expansion Sham

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Big 12 Expansion Sham

Postby ericdickerson4life » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:11 pm

orguy wrote:Houston has some world class Science grad programs that are eons above what we offer. Certainly no longer Cougar High.

I don't count graduate programs. I compare undergraduate programs. In which, I would still refer to them fondly as Cougar High. Yes, I'm a college snob.
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Had a chance to visit with some UC folks today. They are really angry at the b12 because they really, really thought that they were going to get an invite. They are pretty sure that the reason the bearcats football team tanked so badly is because of the snub. I am still not sure if they can see that they weren't going to be invited regardless.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby orguy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:20 pm

ericdickerson4life wrote:
orguy wrote:Houston has some world class Science grad programs that are eons above what we offer. Certainly no longer Cougar High.

I don't count graduate programs. I compare undergraduate programs. In which, I would still refer to them fondly as Cougar High. Yes, I'm a college snob.

Hmm. So someone from Rice or Stanford can label us as graduates of "mustang high"?
orguy
All-American

Postby Digetydog » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Terry Webster wrote:Had a chance to visit with some UC folks today. They are really angry at the b12 because they really, really thought that they were going to get an invite. They are pretty sure that the reason the bearcats football team tanked so badly is because of the snub. I am still not sure if they can see that they weren't going to be invited regardless.

They tanked because- Tuberville.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:42 pm

How do you know when a Whorns administrator is lying? When his lips are moving. Never thought we'd ever see the Big 12 until the Whorns leave.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ericdickerson4life » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:47 pm

orguy wrote:Hmm. So someone from Rice or Stanford can label us as graduates of "mustang high"?

Absolutely. I would if I was them. Just like Harvard looks down there nose at just about everyone. I'm a snob and not afraid to admit it. Hell I went to SMU the epitome of snobbery. My hypocrisy knows no bound. And I'm comfortable with that. One of the biggest mistakes in my life was turning down a chance to attend Cornell. I could have looked down on a lot of inferior schools then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby stc9 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:11 pm

ericdickerson4life wrote:One of the biggest mistakes in my life was turning down a chance to attend Cornell. I could have looked down on a lot of inferior schools then.

Take it from the guy who took that opportunity (grad school), Ithaca is the town where clouds go to die - especially in February. The only nice times of year are when you are home for summer vacation or working an internship.
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
stc9
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 am

ericdickerson4life wrote:
orguy wrote:Hmm. So someone from Rice or Stanford can label us as graduates of "mustang high"?

Absolutely. I would if I was them. Just like Harvard looks down there nose at just about everyone. I'm a snob and not afraid to admit it. Hell I went to SMU the epitome of snobbery. My hypocrisy knows no bound. And I'm comfortable with that. One of the biggest mistakes in my life was turning down a chance to attend Cornell. I could have looked down on a lot of inferior schools then.

Yes...but there's no such thing as a lesser person
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:28 am

stc9 wrote:
ericdickerson4life wrote:One of the biggest mistakes in my life was turning down a chance to attend Cornell. I could have looked down on a lot of inferior schools then.

Take it from the guy who took that opportunity (grad school), Ithaca is the town where clouds go to die - especially in February. The only nice times of year are when you are home for summer vacation or working an internship.

I lived in Ithaca for a year and found it quite refreshing. Fun to sit in the stands at a Cornell game in the snow with a thermos of hot buttered rum. It was not a big snow year during the time I was there, and I knew I would not be staying, but I did enjoy every moment I was there.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ericdickerson4life » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Yes...but there's no such thing as a lesser person

Absolutely agree.

Now with that said. Everyone is so damn serious around here. There are absolutely inferior schools out there providing inferior educations. I'm ok for calling it like I see it. And as I always tell people, education is what you put into it. You can go just about anywhere in this country and get and excellent education if you work at it.

Now I will always consider Cougar High inferior. No matter what Kitty Kat attack they put on the football field or how bad they beat us. But I will always accept a slurpy from the graduates of UH when I roll into the gas station.

ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football