PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

All Conference

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: All Conference

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:10 am

JasonB wrote:I'd throw Wyatt into that mix of surprised he didn't get 2nd team. or HM

We had an All Conference SWC his sophomore year. Never got another mention his Junior and Senior years because he was a shut down corner and the opponents never threw to his side.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Junior » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:10 pm

ojaipony wrote:
JasonB wrote:I'd throw Wyatt into that mix of surprised he didn't get 2nd team. or HM

Agreed, good point. Maybe because his production went down a bit second half of the season? I'd have to look at the stats.

Wyatt had a great season. I hope he follows it up next year. His name got called a lot this year whenever there was a turnover. Might get fewer picks next year if teams look to avoid him.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby No Quarter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:10 pm

As regards the remarks about Sutton, is he in uniform as well as on the roster?
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Our secondary will be fantastic next year - Wyatt, Jeanlys, K Johnson, C Davis, Sutton, Onu, Clemons, Rock. Lots of good players back there.
JasonB

Postby Wild Mustang » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:35 pm

I am really hoping that one of the Redshirt Freshmen, True Freshmen, or Sophomores can step up and take Wyatt's Starting Position. Yes Wyatt had some good games, got a number of interceptions, and quite honestly was in the right place at the right time many times this season. Unfortunately there were a number of times that Wyatt got burned. See Memphis and I am sure many other games this season that I cannot remember. Happy that Wyatt has gained confidence and was happy to see him have his moments, but we really need an upgrade at his position.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby JasonB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Wyatt was fantastic all during camp and then it showed in the games. HIs performance this year wasn't a fluke, he wasn't just "in the right place at the right time". There were several plays towards the end of the season where someone blew a coverage and he had to chase a player from behind. Not sure where those observations come from?
JasonB

Previous

Return to Football