PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chad Morris contract extension through 2023

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Chad Morris contract extension through 2023

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:33 pm

smupony94 wrote:When are we going to hear something from him and not through SMU

Would be nice.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:42 pm

It's fantastic news especially considering we didn't even raise the salary. It also provides us a warchest should the aggies truly to poach.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm sure we did raise his salary and negotiating salary increases for his staff
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:45 pm

We raised the salary and also added more for the assistants.

Great deal all around hopefully Chad sticks around for a few years and we all support him as much as we possibly can.

Pony Up.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Stallion » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:47 pm

pretty big numbers thrown around on other sites
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby horsemanx » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:47 pm

I am sure we gave Morris more celery and also more money for his assistants along with promises for facilities.

I do like the performance incentives I wonder if we will ever get more insight into those clauses in the contract???!
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby SMUer » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:07 pm

Stallion wrote:last chance to get your digs in non-believers. I get a kick out of those that can't see what's down the road. You'll be sentenced to permanent footballdadism
if Chad Morris is Coaching SMU in 2023 there is a 98% chance of it being a Golden Age of SMU Football

Haha. Hell if he is the next Bear Bryant, why stop at $2M?!? Pay this man whatever he wants, build him a cush house, private tables at fancy restaurants...I mean totally drop trow for this man, it'll be totally worth every penny.
SMUer

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 pm

Stallion wrote:"footballdadism"

a new term to the PonyFans language!

Stallion wrote:and negotiating salary increases for his staff

hopefully this includes a NEW FULL TIME ON THE FIELD special teams coach!
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
Stallion wrote:"footballdadism"

a new term to the PonyFans language!

Stallion wrote:and negotiating salary increases for his staff

hopefully this includes a NEW FULL TIME ON THE FIELD special teams coach!

Amen!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:12 am

Stallion wrote:I'm sure we did raise his salary and negotiating salary increases for his staff

Gotcha, I thought DMN said it just got extended. Increasing the salary makes more sense since he turned down a lot of money.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:14 am

SMUer wrote:
Stallion wrote:last chance to get your digs in non-believers. I get a kick out of those that can't see what's down the road. You'll be sentenced to permanent footballdadism
if Chad Morris is Coaching SMU in 2023 there is a 98% chance of it being a Golden Age of SMU Football

Haha. Hell if he is the next Bear Bryant, why stop at $2M?!? Pay this man whatever he wants, build him a cush house, private tables at fancy restaurants...I mean totally drop trow for this man, it'll be totally worth every penny.

Someone should start a new spirit group to try to make it a better game day environment. Do you know anyone with experience doing that?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 am

Grant Carter wrote:
SMUer wrote:

Someone should start a new spirit group to try to make it a better game day environment. Do you know anyone with experience doing that?

Sadly, RBA died at the feet of SMU's athletic department when they said that we needed +200 people before they'd consider extending any special ticketing/seating to us--and we presented with only 81 members, including many of you fellows, for which I am very appreciative. Without AD support and promotion, it's was very hard to organize grouped ticketing as a regular fan, and many of the people who joined RBA had seats else-where, which made concentrating our energy difficult. We had some cool TV moments, organized some cross-stadium cheers which the student section loved, recruited quite a few first-time ticket-holders, everyone got scarves which I hope they enjoy...but I think any similar effort has to come through SMU. I feel RBA and my meetings with SMU are somewhat responsible for inspiring aspects of the Mafia-Student Section and the Young Alumni seating at Football games; any new or similar effort would be much better off if it was supported at the on-set by SMU.
SMUer

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:so just to be sure....even if you hate the Aggies (I actually don't) you must root for them next year...it is a total mandatory requirement for every single SMU Football fan....you must pull for the Aggies next year. No spin...no choice....it is a requirement! Gig 'em!

That's funny!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby mtrout » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:31 am

smupony94 wrote:When are we going to hear something from him and not through SMU

Did he even sign? What's the chance Baylor panics after they get drilled by WVU, actually realize absolutely nobody wants to coach there, and money whips him then he leaves? 2%?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby shadowman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:06 am

mtrout wrote:

Did he even sign? What's the chance Baylor panics after they get drilled by WVU, actually realize absolutely nobody wants to coach there, and money whips him then he leaves? 2%?

It is possible. Todd Graham did after vowing his loyalty to Rice and getting a new deal, then bolted to Tulsa the next week (and then did the same to Tulsa).
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football