PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2017 QB??

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2017 QB??

Postby Stallion » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:13 pm

I guess Baylor coaches didn't agree with JasonB's evaluation
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 am

little nervous since he tweeted that he was bless to receive an offer from baylor... hopefully he doesn't flip
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mavsrage311 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:19 am

Don't be nervous. 99% of the kids tweet "blessed to receive an offer from...". I don't think he flips this late.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:14 am

Stallion wrote:I guess Baylor coaches didn't agree with JasonB's evaluation

Like I said, I think he will turn out to be a really good quarter back. His accuracy is off the charts and his arm is strong enough to be successful in college. Please don't you and Rebel start putting words in my mouth again.

I'm just saying that I don't think he will really compete for the job this year. That is all. He needs time.
JasonB

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:18 pm

JasonB wrote:
Stallion wrote:I guess Baylor coaches didn't agree with JasonB's evaluation

Like I said, I think he will turn out to be a really good quarter back. His accuracy is off the charts and his arm is strong enough to be successful in college. Please don't you and Rebel start putting words in my mouth again.

I'm just saying that I don't think he will really compete for the job this year. That is all. He needs time.

I am saying give the kid an equal chance in the Spring and see what happens. They should just automatically not give him a chance because of preconceived notions. If they find he is not ready during the Spring then redshirt him but at least wait to see what he does.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:53 pm

I don't think anyone has suggested Brewer won't get an equal opportunity to win the starting job next year and I think Morris knows he has to put guys on the field who give this team it's best chance to win. Can't plan for tomorrow as the time to win & go bowling is now if we are going to sustain positive momentum. I just think there are several of us who think there are enough older guys on the roster that unless Brewer is CLEARLY better than the others, he will RS
Charleston Pony

Postby MadJack » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Brewer is not going to redshirt. He knows that there is a strong possibility that Morris won't be here for the next 4 years. If he wants to go with Morris or another school entirely, he can transfer and use his redshirt then. He may not be the starter next year, but bet your [deleted], he is going to play. May not come here anyway, he now has a Baylor offer and other B12 schools are sniffing. He is a terrific athlete, student and young man, just a late bloomer. Hopefully he will honor his word and enroll at SMU next month.
MadJack
Scout Team

Postby OLEJACKETFAN » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:10 pm

I watched the Lake Travis game and was impressed with Brewer. I have no doubt he is coming to SMU. I am almost for sure they said his older brother QB Lake Travis in 2009. If that is correct Chad coached him!!. Probably very good Family friends!! Brewer would never go to Baylor!! I believe one of the Transfers will start. The one that looses out moves to another position. I believe Hicks will be the backup. He just doesn't have the mobility/playmaking skills that Chad wants to move his offense to next level. SMU will be very blessed to have Hicks as a backup option if the starter gets injured though! Brewer redshirts.
OLEJACKETFAN
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football