PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

James Madison Stuns NDSU in the FCS Semifinals

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

James Madison Stuns NDSU in the FCS Semifinals

Postby PonyTime » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 am

They good. Only posting this due to fact that they looked D1 last year when we played them - and they just beat the team that has won 5 straight FCS Championships.

Will play for FCS Nat Championship in Frisco, Texas against Youngstown State.

For those that missed the insane Youngstown State catch that won the other semi - must see here:

http://herosports.com/news/college-football-highlights-youngstown-state-eastern-washington-fcs-football

The TE caught the ball on the back of the defender on last play of game - crazy.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: James Madison Stuns NDSU in the FCS Semifinals

Postby OLfan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Wow! That's crazy. I did not know that type of catch is a reception. Not sure I've ever seen it happen before.
Thanks for sharing.
OLfan
Junior Varsity

Postby FriscoPMG » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Tough thing for the Frisco bars & breastraunts. NDSU brought thousands of fans every year -- to the point where bars were at full capacity (and most likely breaking fire code) up here.
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:22 am

OLfan wrote:Wow! That's crazy. I did not know that type of catch is a reception. Not sure I've ever seen it happen before.
Thanks for sharing.

Believe it happened in the Alabama/Southern Miss game, nearly a decade ago now? Crazy catch.

Congrats to James Madison!
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:46 pm

JMU, just like Ga Southern, App State, ODU & others is hoping to get an invite and move up to Division I - FBS and they are looking to CUSA as the Sun Belt is adding Coastal Carolina next year to get to an even number of football members, leaving CUSA as the only unbalanced FBS conference. Then there is UMass who left the MAC and is looking for a "better" home. They have reportedly been hounding Aresco about an opening in the AAC but realistically might be better off returning to D-1 FCS.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PSCA » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 am

isn't that where the youngest Line (Ben) ended up?
PSCA
All-American

Postby OLfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:42 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:JMU, just like Ga Southern, App State, ODU & others is hoping to get an invite and move up to Division I - FBS and they are looking to CUSA as the Sun Belt is adding Coastal Carolina next year to get to an even number of football members, leaving CUSA as the only unbalanced FBS conference. Then there is UMass who left the MAC and is looking for a "better" home. They have reportedly been hounding Aresco about an opening in the AAC but realistically might be better off returning to D-1 FCS.

The Dukes have certainly been a powerhouse FCS for some time. I honestly think that they would immediately be at top tier of C-USA. If they continue recruiting well, they could dominate that conference.
OLfan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football