PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

June Jones on Norm-a-thon on 1310

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: June Jones on Norm-a-thon on 1310

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:37 pm

nice work
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:05 pm

I agree with Stallion and Cotton Bowl 1983. JJ quit on his team and had no interest in actually recruiting to SMU and the obvious benefits of Dallas. I wish we were doing more too, but the lack of an IFP (which would be a plus) is not handicapping us. Getting students, alums and fans into Ford is more important, which requires more wins, especially against big time opponents.

Chad has created excitement and his teams are more competitive, as a result of his daily commitment to recruiting. It is my hope that he values what is possible on the Hilltop. Given time and the ability to harvest wins from his recruiting, SMU will be very attractive to recruits and, perhaps, the P5.

But, we need to do our part beyond complaining about administration, which has stuck with the FB program, despite a long history of disappointments. If several high rollers want to write more checks for IPF, great. Turner loves to break ground and spend the money.

The next two years could be very interesting with winning teams and post season opportunities. I suggest the fans and students need to do their part.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby mtrout » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Truth but we don't play any bigtime opponents anymore. No baylor and no a&m. Fans will have to be excited battling arkansas state and tulsa next year as they are our most intriguing home games.

We have traded name opponents for wins.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby PlanoStang » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:45 pm

Water Pony wrote:I agree with Stallion and Cotton Bowl 1983. JJ quit on his team and had no interest in actually recruiting to SMU and the obvious benefits of Dallas. I wish we were doing more too, but the lack of an IFP (which would be a plus) is not handicapping us. Getting students, alums and fans into Ford is more important, which requires more wins, especially against big time opponents.

Chad has created excitement and his teams are more competitive, as a result of his daily commitment to recruiting. It is my hope that he values what is possible on the Hilltop. Given time and the ability to harvest wins from his recruiting, SMU will be very attractive to recruits and, perhaps, the P5.

But, we need to do our part beyond complaining about administration, which has stuck with the FB program, despite a long history of disappointments. If several high rollers want to write more checks for IPF, great. Turner loves to break ground and spend the money.

The next two years could be very interesting with winning teams and post season opportunities. I suggest the fans and students need to do their part.
Water Pony wrote:I agree with Stallion and Cotton Bowl 1983. JJ quit on his team and had no interest in actually recruiting to SMU and the obvious benefits of Dallas. I wish we were doing more too, but the lack of an IFP (which would be a plus) is not handicapping us. Getting students, alums and fans into Ford is more important, which requires more wins, especially against big time opponents.

JJ quit becauz most everybody SMU quit on him after with his flirtations with ASU :!:

He was near retirement, with energy waining didn't want to deal with SMU spoiled brats :!:

Hanging Chad, I guess you have the energy to stick around a little longer, but I'm sure smu
alumni 11 thinks your recruiting classes are mediocre, and will grow impatient pretty soon. :lol: :lol:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:47 pm

I wouldn't call a fan base who has had only four low end bowl games in thirty years spoiled - quite the opposite. And JJ decided to stop working for his money - which is basically stealing. One thing you can say about Chad - he would never coast. Plano you are wrong ......again.
gostangs

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:01 am

PlanoStang wrote:

JJ quit becauz most everybody SMU quit on him after with his flirtations with ASU :!:

He was near retirement, with energy waining didn't want to deal with SMU spoiled brats :!:

Hanging Chad, I guess you have the energy to stick around a little longer, but I'm sure smu
alumni 11 thinks your recruiting classes are mediocre, and will grow impatient pretty soon. :lol: :lol:

The only thing that known is that you have no friends... just saying :lol: :lol: :lol: and also June Jones sucks at life and we are all thrilled the bum is gone!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyinNC » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:58 am

This thread has bad mana. I will pray to the tiki God for enlightenment and deepest aloha.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby soccermom » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:02 pm

I could care less what jj is doing. :roll:
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:17 pm

"He's dead, Jim...grab his wallet..."
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81