PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor: More shoes falling

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Baylor: More shoes falling

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:53 am

Baylor won't do anything because football is more important than women, and the money from football is more important than anything. Has nothing to do with how SMU handled things.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Actually its the false pride that comes from your school doing well in athletics that is more important than anything. Everything else (money) is just a nice byproduct of the prideful winning.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:50 pm

skyscraper wrote:Just horrifying stuff in this lawsuit

The NCAA will do nada
Local police/judicial/press nada to close to nada
School...worse than nada, they coverup

Slimy attorneys....best hope at justice

Think about that the next time to mock attorneys
SoCal_Pony

Postby ericdickerson4life » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:00 am

I will. But I'll still mock them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby peruna81 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:39 pm

As stated by one attorney here, the NCAA will wait for the legal dust to settle, and Baylor to settle as many cases in the interim. After the Feds knock a hole in Baylor's boat, then the NCAA will take the high ground and punish them. The NCAA learned they are not in the business of civil/criminal prosecution during the PSU/Sandusky fiasco.

That said, I expect Baylor to get whacked. Hard....or at least Sam Houston State to be penalized.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Part of what got us Pye was that the Methodist Church reasserted it ownership. This is a huge black eye for Texas baptists. So, if they act Baylor could have a moral overreaction.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Digetydog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:28 pm

EastStang wrote:Part of what got us Pye was that the Methodist Church reasserted it ownership. This is a huge black eye for Texas baptists. So, if they act Baylor could have a moral overreaction.

The Baptists seem to have lost control of the place.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Digetydog wrote:
EastStang wrote:Part of what got us Pye was that the Methodist Church reasserted it ownership. This is a huge black eye for Texas baptists. So, if they act Baylor could have a moral overreaction.

The Baptists seem to have lost control of the place.

Baptist General Convention of Texas (now Texas Baptists) have no "control" over Baylor. Baylor became virtually autonomous from Texas Baptists within the past 20 years.

TrusteesRegents have the power. There is a scramble now to place folks on the that board that will appear to be reformers. Overwhelmingly, the folks that are in power knew about the problems, yet CHOSE to look past them. Think Clements type knowledge for those around during our purgatory. The people being vetted now are not connected to the scandal, but will be virtual placeholders... lacking the ability to institute real change.

Baylor folks saw our downfall, and reveled in it. They won't 'Pye' themselves. They will distance themselves ( new coach) and try to minimize the damage ( pressure to settle claims). They have created the hell they are in, and are trying now to simply make their hell more palatable.
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:28 pm

The only thing the Methodist Church did was conduct the investigation and prepare their report. I think that might have added a seat or 2 on the Board but they don't control SMU
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Yes, they ensured themselves a seat on the board, which still stands. Usually the north Texas bishop.
smusic 00

Postby leopold » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:12 pm

So counting the previous allegations and lawsuits, what does this bring Baylor football up to? I count about 68, 69 different allegations of rape committed by the football team.

But you know what's really scary?

There are numerous reports that the football team wasn't the majority of the rapes at Baylor.

Someone put it at around third, if I remember correctly. In fact a number of Baylor football supporters have complained that the football team has been the scapegoat for this whole fiasco, and the sick part about it is that they might be right.

By my count there has been around 200 different allegations of rape at that damned school over the past five or ten years and the majority of rapists have never been named, publically accused - if accused at all - and in fact may still be attending. What the hell is wrong with Baylor?
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 am

The Brazos River is wide and deep...

or, simply don't let your friends and family go to Baylor. Real interesting part will be in two years, when the lawsuits are settled in court.
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Three Putt » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm

I have friends that have children either going to or planning to attend Baylor. They are adamant that there is not an issue there and have no qualms in sending their children.
I think they have assumed the brainwashing normally reserved for what occurs at College Station.
Three Putt
Junior Varsity

Postby smustatesman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Three Putt wrote:I have friends that have children either going to or planning to attend Baylor. They are adamant that there is not an issue there and have no qualms in sending their children.
I think they have assumed the brainwashing normally reserved for what occurs at College Station.

Sounds like the Branch Davidians joined with Jim Jones' followers in Waco.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Good read and more national attention...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/if-ncaa-ignores-baylor-rape-scandal-it-deserves-the-death-penalty/2017/01/31/e597cbb4-e7b9-11e6-bf6f-301b6b443624_story.html

By Sally Jenkins Columnist January 31 at 9:11 AM

If even a fraction of the new allegations at Baylor are true, former coaches Art and Kendal Briles should be suspended from employment in college athletics, and the Board of Regents needs to feel the hurt too. The NCAA should consider the death penalty for Baylor, or risk becoming an organization of human jellyfish.

On Monday, 52 paper cutouts appeared on the Baylor campus, stenciled with the words, “How many more?” It’s a good question.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football