PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor: More shoes falling

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Baylor: More shoes falling

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Paladin wrote:
smupony94 wrote:http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/3/14/14921364/baylor-should-look-into-pre-firing-everyone

Funny, but don't show this to Baylor coach Kim Mulkey or she will serve you a fist sandwhich

Isn't she like 5"2?
It would land in the junk.

Then you could sue her for inappropriate touching.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Starting 4th year LB Raaquan Davis has left the program allegedly over style confrontations with new Coach. Could possibly be a Graduate transfer since he'll be going into his 5th year. Looks like he's wearing a graduation robe on his twitter page. Originally from Rockwall Heath

https://twitter.com/RDavis_BU/status/846440162955612160
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby gostangs » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Thats what the doctor ordered for us - assuming he is not one of their problems. We need LB help yesterday.
gostangs

Postby peruna81 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:30 am

Just talked to our church kid who is playing for Baylor....he said the guy is solid, and not one of the "problem people" of their recent past.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby leopold » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:06 pm

*snort*

Of course he's not a problem child. If he voluntarily leaves Baylor and comes to us the kid could shoot a baby in a crib and we would defend him if he can plug the hole.

C'MMMMMMONNNNNN DOWWWNNNN RAQUAAN!!
Last edited by leopold on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Anybody who is associated with Baylor is a plague carrier. Stay away!
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby 78pony » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Leopold! OMG. You nailed the BU mentality 150%!!!
78pony
Heisman

Postby peruna81 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 am

leopold wrote:*snort*

Of course he's not a problem child. If he voluntarily leaves Baylor and comes to us the kid could shoot a baby in a crib and we would defend him if he can plug the hole.

C'MMMMMMONNNNNN DOWWWNNNN RAQUAAN!!

just reporting the facts, Leopold....

but that was one of the all-time best retorts I have ever read on PF...nicely done!

And, as always, Baylor sucks.
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Puckhead48E » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:08 am

Good to see the troll is active again with a nice partially-informed comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby Topper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm

HubbaHubba wrote:
footballdad wrote:
Whitwiki Pony wrote:I would venture to guess that is close to the national average at universities

Exactly. SMU no different.

And in other news.....Ukwuachu just got his conviction overturned because the prosecutor conveniently excluded texts that could show the sex was consensual. Everything isn't always what it seems:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2017 ... ion-appeal

Not entirely true. The JUDGE did not allow SOME of the text messages between victim and friend to be introduced. It was sent back for trial and the state is challenging the appellate decision. This is far from an exoneration and appears more of a technicality. For a second my faith in Baylor as a scumpit was shaken but after a little research it has been restored.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and ... de8cc.html

Two interesting items from the Tribune story: First, the Baylor dean admitted that she lied to the jury her first time on the stand. Second: The judge is allowing a Baylor lawyer to take part in discussions between the lawyers in chambers. Seems odd.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:11 pm

After watching Disgraced, I'm inclined to believe there is no fair trial in Brazos county concerning Baylor u.
smusic 00

Postby Stallion » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Wow what a major screwup by the Baylor Dean;

When McCraw took the stand, she misspoke, telling jurors different information that what she said in the judge’s chambers that she was going to say on the stand.

McCraw testified that the victim told her she kissed Ukwuachu and had oral sex with him before the night of the sexual assault, when the victim actually told McCraw that Ukwuachu tried to kiss her and tried to have oral sex with her before she rebuffed him.

She apologized to the jury and said she made a mistake. But LaBorde followed her into the courthouse rotunda and berated her for revictimizing the woman and caring more about trying to protect the university.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Puckhead48E » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:07 am

This is a case that should be moved and decided by a judge. I can't find any reason to believe that a jury in that area could be seated which was fully impartial. It just gets worse and worse and yet...you know someone is going to sit in those deliberations saying "they tried their best...we should really forgive them and let them move on" and this is going to go soft. Sadly, I assume the best chance for any true punishment will come when the feds bring the title IX cases...unless Washington decides to go soft on that too.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby peruna81 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:38 am

Stallion, I am troubled by the term "misspoke"...it is a convenient parsing of the word "lie", without the social stigma and sometimes even the legal consequences. Baylor (and its administration) have demonstrated a pattern of obstruction and obfuscation during the entire course of this ongoing horror show.

The courtroom is your arena, and words are the currency that you spend every day. Saying one thing to a judge, and another to a seated jury during testimony (for whatever reason...to protect a person or a university) is simply avoiding the truth. It seems the truth is something Baylor has chosen to avoid at all costs, even at the expense of a young woman's life...again.

I mentioned this before, and I will reiterate it...I could not (and would not) do your job under any circumstance. There are too many cliffs that I would be tempted to jump off of, and too many opportunities to cloud otherwise clear waters. If I were in legal trouble, I would hurry to have someone who could represent my interests. I am certain you have the skill to serve your client to the fullest extent, and I would want someone like you seated at the table next to me.

But the careful shading of words in this case provides too much cover for the wolves among the sheep...or maybe I have just 'misspoke'.
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:51 pm

peruna81 wrote:But the careful shading of words in this case provides too much cover for the wolves among the sheep...or maybe I have just 'misspoke'.

It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football